Senior Data Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Data Analyst position description.docx (Word, 57KB)
|Application Close Date:||09-Mar-2021|
- Transformative programme with a real impact for New Zealand
- Permanent role
- Salary: $79,012 - $94,590
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Data Analyst to join the Intelligence, Data and Insights (IDI) branch of INZ. The successful candidate will initially work on a key programme of work transforming how Immigration New Zealand (INZ) manages visas while delivering great customer experiences through innovation, collaboration and continuous improvement.
As a key member of this programme, you will directly support INZ's new visa processing system Microsoft Dynamics (D365), which will be an intelligence-led visa processing model that will better manage risk with employers hiring migrant workers, and reduce exploitation of the immigration system.
Working collaboratively with the business and other teams within the programme, you will be responsible for a number of key tasks including data mining, statistical and pattern analysis, implementation of data mining algorithms, business metrics and identifying alternative data sources, providing value add for the programme and the business. Key to your success will be ensuring the quality and consistency of the advice and expertise you provide as a subject matter expert in your field.
Following the end of the programme, this role will transition back into IDI business and will be responsible for a number of key tasks including data mining, statistical and pattern analysis, and innovative analytic thinking that provides insight and solutions for INZ business.
Our ideal candidate has:
- A tertiary qualification in a numerate subject or comparable relevant experience
- Advanced skills in database and analytical tools such as SAS EG, SAS Visual Analytics, and preferably MS Excel
- An understanding of statistical trend analysis
- Experience in the provision of information solutions and business information to internal and external customers
- The ability to identify, establish and build strong working relationships, and work effectively as a member of a team
- Confidence in explaining user needs to senior leaders, and for acting as a persuasive advocate for those needs both within the team and the department at large
- Good written and oral communication skills including experience shaping messages for different audiences
- The ability to translate complex and technical information into information easily understood by non-technical staff
- Good time and task management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and demands from stakeholders
- Initiative, sound judgement, accuracy and a sense of urgency when responding to requests
About the team:
INZ is part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE), New Zealand's largest government department. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We work with international organisations and industry partners to improve border security and make immigration easier. We lead government strategy designed to help migrants settle into New Zealand.
What makes this opportunity stand out is the chance to play a pivotal role in a programme of work that will have a real impact for New Zealand from implementation through to transition into BAU.
How to Apply
All applicants must be New Zealand citizens or hold a residence class visa.
Click on the APPLY button below where a position description is also available. Your application must include your CV and a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position.
For more information about this vacancy please contact INZProjectRecruitment@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/515083.
As we are reviewing applications throughout the advertising period and may close advertising sooner than stated, so we encourage you to apply Now!
Applications close on Wednesday 9 March 2021.
No Recruitment Agencies please.