Senior Programme Coordinator | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| JD - Senior Programme Coordinator - Mar 2021.docx (Word, 61KB)
|Application Close Date:||09-Mar-2021|
- Be part of a vibrant team to contribute to the operation of science investments to meet New Zealand's economic, social and environmental goals.
- Take on a challenging and varied role where you can use your specialist planning and programme coordination skills to support the management of complex science investment processes and timelines
- Based in Stout Street in Wellington CBD
About the role.
A new exciting opportunity has come about for an experienced and motivated person to join MBIE in the Investment Operations Team as a Senior Programme Coordinator. This role will underpin the smooth operation of science investments including such funds as the Endeavour Fund, MBIE's largest and most complex science research fund. The role also presents opportunity to shape innovative approaches to how all of MBIE's science investment processes are managed and use your training and mentoring skills to build planning and coordination capability of your team mates.
Salary $79 – 94,590K
Skills and experience required:
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- proven experience in planning and coordinating complex programmes or funding processes
- wide ranging knowledge of project and programme management disciplines
- ability to report and communicate effectively with a wide range of people at all levels
- ability to work in a flexible environment and be adaptable to change
- desire to actively mentor and build capability of your colleagues
- ability to take a strategic view of best practice process management
- A legal right to live and work in NZ
About the branch and team:
The Investment Operations Team sits within the Science System Investment and Performance Branch in Labour Science and Enterprise Group. The SSIP Branch makes, manages and assesses scientific investments to improve the lives of all New Zealanders.
- We connect with and inform policy processes by providing expert advice on the operation of science investments and knowledge of the sector.
- We design and manage science investment processes, documents and systems.
- We make, manage, and review research, science and innovation investments directly and through third party funders.
The Investment Operations Team leads:
- Business process and system support to maximise the operations of investment processing.
- The provision of specialised business support to ensure funding and contracting processes are run according to best practice standards.
- The coordination of timeline planning, application, assessment, contracting and payment processes, data management, funding and contracting administration and external customer support.
- Management of the college of assessors.
Why work for us?
This is a great opportunity to get involved with science initiatives which support government goals in improving environment, social and economic outcomes. Our goal is to use science excellence to generate transformative impact for New Zealand.
MBIE offers significant opportunity for developing experience across a broad variety of areas. Diversity is highly valued and managers work hard to ensure that staff are given opportunities to develop their skills and expertise. We recognise a common set of team values that promote a fun positive team culture that values professionalism, respect, accountability and communication. We work collaboratively within the branch and with others at MBIE, other Government Agencies and stakeholders.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process where you will also find the PD.
Email Steve Scannell at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1389678 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Tuessday 9th March.