Investment Coordinator | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| JD - Investment Coordinator February 2021 FINAL.docx (Word, 59KB)
|Application Close Date:||11-Mar-2021|
- Be part of a vibrant team to contribute to the operation of science investments to meet New Zealand's economic, social and environmental goals
- Take on a challenging and varied role where you can use your fantastic project coordination, business processing, communication and relationship management skills
- Customer service focused role with the support of a hardworking and supportive team
- Based in Stout Street in Wellington CBD
About the role
An exciting opportunity has come about for a motivated person to join the Investment Operations Team in the Science System Investment and Performance Branch as an Investment Coordinator, within the Labour, Science and Enterprise (LSE) Group.
The Investment Coordinator will bring skills and experiences in project planning and coordination, relationship management, customer service and contract administration to work across MBIE's science grant investment portfolios to ensure grant funding processes are planned, coordinated and organised, and best practice is followed.
Your role may include the following tasks:
- Timeline planning and coordination of grant funding processes from inception to finish by working collaboratively with Investment Managers/Fund Leads and Service Design and Reporting Team;
- Work with Investment Managers/Fund Leads to understand requirements for configuration of funding application, assessment, contract and reporting templates in the Ministry's Investment Management System. Learn and work within the system to configure templates to ensure they are fit for purpose;
- Manage workflow in the Investment Management System to ensure funding operations are run efficiently and data integrity is maintained;
- Contribute to the development of documentation related to funding processes, e.g. Call for Proposals, Assessment Guidelines, and application templates;
- Coordinate and support assessment processes for funding applications;
- Planning, coordinating and implementing contract administration i.e. drafting contracts, peer reviewing, processing contract variations and facilitating contract payments; and
- Provide excellent customer service to external stakeholders, and monitor and respond to enquiries through the 0800 help line and Investment Management System support email account.
Our ideal candidate
- A proven track record of experience in project planning and coordination and business processing support; experience in government processes and best practice in the funding operation and contracting areas is desirable;
- Have an aptitude to use the Ministry's Investment Management System (IMS) to configure funding forms and templates to ensure they are fit for purpose. Previous relevant technical experience is beneficial;
- Have an eye for detail and a high level of accuracy;
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external;
- Ability to manage positive relationships at all levels in the organisation;
- A proactive, solutions focused work style with a strong customer service focus and delivery;
- Be comfortable with ambiguity that change brings as we remain agile to a changing funding environment, demonstrating your resilience, multi-tasking skills and experience; and
- Some knowledge of the science funding system is beneficial but not essential.
About the branch and team
The Investment Operations Team sits within the Science System Investment and Performance (SSIP) Branch in the Labor, Science and Enterprise Group. The SSIP Branch makes, manages and assesses scientific investments to improve the lives of all New Zealanders.
- We connect with and inform policy processes by providing expert advice on the operation of science investments and knowledge of the sector.
- We design and manage science investment processes, documents and systems.
- We make, manage, and review research, science and innovation investments directly and through third party funders.
The Investment Operations Team leads:
- Business process and system support to maximise the operations of investment processing.
- The provision of specialised business support to ensure funding and contracting processes are run according to best practice standards.
- Timeline planning and coordination of application, assessment, contracting and payment processes, data management, funding and contracting administration and external customer support.
- Management of the college of assessors.
We work collaboratively within the branch and with others across MBIE, other Government agencies, and stakeholders in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. We recognise a common set of team values that promote a fun positive team culture that values professionalism, respect, accountability and communication. Diversity is highly valued and managers work hard to ensure that all staff are given opportunities to develop their skills and expertise.
How to Apply
All applicants must be New Zealand citizens or hold a residence class visa.
Click on the APPLY button below where a position description is also available. Your application must include your CV and a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Steve Scannell on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1514417 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday 11 March 2021.