Senior Advisor, Information & Education | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Advisor Information & Education.pdf (PDF, 347KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Feb-2019|
- Be the builders of change in the building system!
- Help create a customer-centric and user-friendly building system
- Be involved in an exciting and high-priority work programme
Be part of the biggest reform of the building regulatory system in the last 15 years.
We are looking for an information and education communications professional to help us create a better building sector - not only for those in the industry, but for all New Zealanders.
Play your part in shaping one of New Zealand's leading sectors that employs 250,000 workers and is set to contribute more than $41 billion to New Zealand's economy in 2023.
About the role
The Advisor or Senior Advisor within the Information & Education team will support the delivery of a wide range of educational outputs to improve compliance within the building sector.
You will be provided with coaching and mentoring by the more senior members of your team and will have access to a network of in-house building sector policy and technical expertise within the wider branch and organisation to help support you develop your communications.
A critical part of the role of the Information & Education team is to provide advice on how we can create a building regulatory system that is customer-centric and user-friendly.
With this in mind, the Advisor or Senior Advisor will develop effective strategies and communication tools to engage with New Zealand's highly diverse building and construction sector. This includes developing targeted campaigns, services, and other content and resources. You will also identify the most effective channels to deliver this content.
Skills and experience for the role
- Must have experience in communications and social media.
- Experience in service design and/or design thinking would be advantageous.
- Communicates clearly and effectively in both written documents and verbal presentations.
- Thinks innovatively about different audiences and develops appropriate engagement strategies.
- Builds strong relationships and effectively engages with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Competent in using the Microsoft office suite.
- Ideally will have an understanding of the workings of Government.
Come work with smart and driven people that want to make a difference
MBIE is an incredibly diverse organisation, employing more than 4,000 people across a range of roles. We share a commitment to growing New Zealand for all.
We create opportunities for our people to gain experience in different parts of our organisation.
We are committed to providing more contemporary, flexible ways of working so our people can work in a way that best suits them, their work and their life. That includes giving our people more choice about when, how and where they work.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to start the online application process. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
We welcome your questions and enquiries regarding these roles. Please feel free to email Marg.Kennedy@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1373546
Applications close on Sunday 24th February 2019.