Team Leader, Information & Education | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| JD - Team Leader Information and Education.pdf (PDF, 629KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Feb-2019|
- Be the builders of change in the building system!
- Lead a motivated team of Information & Education experts
- Make your mark in a sector that impacts all New Zealanders
Be part of the biggest reform of the building regulatory system in the last 15 years.
We are looking for a genuine Information & Education heavyweight to lead our I&E team and help us create a better building sector - not only for those in the industry, but for all New Zealanders.
Play your part in shaping one of New Zealand's leading sectors that employs 250,000 workers and is set to contribute more than $41 billion to New Zealand's economy in 2023.
About the role
This is a challenging and exciting leadership role in a branch that has a significant work programme underway to improve the building regulatory system. It's a unique opportunity to make your mark in a sector that has an impact on all New Zealanders.
As the Team Leader of I&E, you'll inspire and coach your team as they shape and develop the information services provided to our diverse set of stakeholders. No previous building systems experience is required, as you are able to leverage the knowledge and industry experience of our in-house building system experts.
The Information & Education team is responsible for designing and developing outputs that educates and motivates the building sector to comply with the building code and regulations. Its outputs are also used to inform the sector's stakeholders of system changes and inform the public on their rights and responsibilities as home and building owners.
The team is also responsible for understanding, advising and delivering on effective channel strategies for building system regulatory functions managed within MBIE. The team is supported in their endeavours by a range of internal experts in communications, marketing, digital channels, and ministerial services.
Skills and experience for the role
- Experience in information and education, communications or marketing at a senior level.
- Project management experience including managing contractual arrangements for out-sourced service provision.
- Successfully builds and manages teams through change.
- Develops strategic business plans, work programmes, and performance targets to meet business needs.
- Understands the workings of government and regulatory frameworks.
- Leads and develops advice to deliver public-facing engagement strategies for diverse audiences.
- Knowledge and experience of web, social media and social marketing.
- While building sector knowledge and government experience is desirable, it's not essential.
Come work with smart and driven people that want to make a difference
MBIE is an incredibly diverse organisation, employing more than 4,000 people across a range of roles. We share a commitment to growing New Zealand for all.
We create opportunities for our people to gain experience in different parts of our organisation.
We are committed to providing more contemporary, flexible ways of working so our people can work in a way that best suits them, their work and their life. That includes giving our people more choice about when, how and where they work.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to start the online application process. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
We welcome your questions and enquiries regarding these roles. Please feel free to email Marg.Kennedy@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1373547
Applications close on Sunday 24th February 2019.