Senior Business Analyst, Design & Implementation | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Senior Business Analyst Feb 2018.pdf (PDF, 116KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Feb-2019|
- Be the builders of change in the building system!
- Join a supportive team with plenty of scope for future development
- Be involved in an exciting and high-priority work programme
Be part of the biggest reform of the building regulatory system in the last 15 years.
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to help us create a better building sector - not only for those in the industry, but for all New Zealanders.
Play your part in shaping one of New Zealand's leading sectors that employs 250,000 workers and is set to contribute more than $41 billion to New Zealand's economy in 2023.
About the role
The Senior Business Analyst within the Design & Implementation team will provide in-house analysis to support the design and implementation of initiatives and projects focussed on improving and growing New Zealand's building regulatory system.
You will be provided with coaching and mentoring by the more senior members of your team, and will have access to a network of in-house building sector policy and technical expertise within the wider branch and organisation to help support you in your analyses.
A critical part of the role of the Design and Implementation team is to provide advice on how we can create a building regulatory system that is customer-centric and user-friendly.
With this in mind, the Senior Business Analyst will provide analytical support through impact analysis and business process design.
Skills and experience for the role
- Extensive experience in business analysis, tools and methodologies.
- Experience in business process design, preferably in government.
- Presents analysis clearly in written communications.
- Understands the mechanisms of government including regulatory frameworks.
- Competent in using the Microsoft office suite.
- Builds relationships both inside and outside the organisation.
- Adaptive and flexible in an environment of continuous change.
Come work with smart and driven people that want to make a difference
MBIE is an incredibly diverse organisation, employing more than 4,000 people across a range of roles. We share a commitment to growing New Zealand for all.
We create opportunities for our people to gain experience in different parts of our organisation.
We are committed to providing more contemporary, flexible ways of working so our people can work in a way that best suits them, their work and their life. That includes giving our people more choice about when, how and where they work.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to start the online application process. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
We welcome your questions and enquiries regarding these roles. Please feel free to email Marg.Kennedy@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1374226
Applications close on Sunday 24th February 2019.