Senior Advisor, Plumbing & Hydraulic Services | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Technical Advisor Position Description - Jan 2019.pdf (PDF, 345KB)
Job Specific Information - Senior Adviser Plumbing & Hydraulic Services.pdf (PDF, 197KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Feb-2019|
- Be the builders of change in the building system!
- We need your plumbing and/or hydraulic services expertise
- Make a difference within a sector you are passionate about
Be part of the biggest reform of the building regulatory system in the last 15 years.
We are looking for a plumber and/or hydraulic services industry expert to help us create a better building sector - not only for those in the industry, but for all New Zealanders.
Play your part in shaping one of New Zealand's leading sectors that employs 250,000 workers and is set to contribute more than $41 billion to New Zealand's economy in 2023.
About the role
As a Senior Advisor within the Building Performance & Engineering team, you can influence key decisions affecting the building sector to ensure the safety of all New Zealanders.
You will be responsible for assessing and shaping the performance settings in the Building Code as it relates to plumbing and piped services, gas, drainage and hydraulic installations.
You will interact, consult, and engage with stakeholders across the industry and provide information and advice to the Minister for building and construction.
You will also provide internal advice and recommendations within your area of expertise to the wider Building System Performance branch at MBIE.
Skills and experience for the role
- We're looking for a plumbing and hydraulic services expert with broad experience in design, installation, or inspection.
- You may have been teaching the subject at a tertiary provider, inspecting in a local council, or working in private practice.
- You have a deep understanding of domestic and commercial plumbing and hydraulic applications and compliance options.
- Ideally, you also have other experience in piped services and/or gas installations.
- You are able to clearly communicate your expertise to a non-technical audience.
Come work with smart and driven people that want to make a difference
MBIE is an incredibly diverse organisation, employing more than 4,000 people across a range of roles. We share a commitment to growing New Zealand for all.
We create opportunities for our people to gain experience in different parts of our organisation.
We are committed to providing more contemporary, flexible ways of working so our people can work in a way that best suits them, their work and their life. That includes giving our people more choice about when, how and where they work.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to start the online application process. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
We welcome your questions and enquiries regarding these roles. Please feel free to email Marg.Kennedy@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1378786.
Applications close on Sunday 24th February 2019.