Principal Advisor, Architecture & Design | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Principal Advisor Architecture and Design - SSP - June 2017.pdf (PDF, 428KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Feb-2019|
- Be the builders of change in the building system!
- Bring your thought leadership on sustainable building design
- Make a difference within an industry you are passionate about
Be part of the biggest reform of the building regulatory system in the last 15 years.
We are looking for an experienced architect to provide technical expertise and thought leadership as we work to create a better building sector - not only for those in the industry, but for all New Zealanders.
Play your part in shaping one of New Zealand's leading sectors that employs 250,000 workers and is set to contribute more than $41 billion to New Zealand's economy in 2023.
About the role
As our Principal Advisor, Architecture & Design you will provide us with specialist knowledge on building design and design processes that promote sustainable development.
The System Strategy & Performance team sets the strategy for the building regulatory system. We keep abreast of trends and innovation so that we can respond to issues and opportunities that affect the performance of our system.
You'll connect us with the latest thinking and trends in the design world and ensure that we facilitate innovation in all that we do. You will do this by building strong professional networks, both nationally and internationally.
This is your chance to make real and lasting difference within New Zealand's building sector by influencing the future direction of the building regulatory system. You'll be supported by an engaged and high profile team focused on responding to key issues and opportunities within the building sector and regulatory system.
Skills and experience for the role
- Passionate about building design and sharing your expertise with others
- Strives to continuously develop their technical expertise
- Builds strong architectural and building design networks within New Zealand and abroad
- Develops sound business cases using quantitative data
- An expert in impact analysis, tools and methodologies
- Experience in business process design and analysis
- Clearly communicates their expertise to a non-technical audience
- Adaptive and flexible; happy to deal with constant change
- Understands the mechanisms of government including regulatory frameworks
- A tertiary qualification, preferably post graduate, in architecture
Come work with smart and driven people that want to make a difference
MBIE is an incredibly diverse organisation, employing more than 4,000 people across a range of roles. We share a commitment to growing New Zealand for all.
We create opportunities for our people to gain experience in different parts of our organisation.
We are committed to providing more contemporary, flexible ways of working so our people can work in a way that best suits them, their work and their life. That includes giving our people more choice about when, how and where they work.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to start the online application process. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
We welcome your questions and enquiries regarding these roles. Please feel free to email Marg.Kennedy@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1379006.
Applications close on Sunday 24th February 2019.