Senior Operations Advisor, Determinations | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Advisor Determinations.pdf (PDF, 347KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Feb-2019|
- Be the builders of change in the building system!
- Start solving some of the more complex issues within the building sector
- Provide advice to others who care just as deeply about NZ's building industry
Be part of the biggest reform of the building regulatory system in the last 15 years.
We are looking for a senior operations or business advisor professional to help us create a better building sector - not only for those in the industry, but for all New Zealanders.
Play your part in shaping one of New Zealand's leading sectors that employs 250,000 workers and is set to contribute more than $41 billion to New Zealand's economy in 2023.
About the role
The Senior Operations Advisor within the Determinations team is a newly established role. We are looking for your leadership to set the direction in the way we run and operate our business.
The Determinations team are customer-facing and provide their customers with binding decisions, guidance and clarity about the application of building legislation. Their customers include building owners, building consent authorities (e.g. local councils), agents for building owners (e.g. lawyers and consultants) and industry professionals (e.g. engineers).
You will provide business improvement advice to ensure that our team's existing operating model, systems, and processes are fit-for-purpose. You will advise on the operational changes needed to better enable the team to carry out their work.
You will also play an integral part in supporting the team behind the scenes in its day-to-day operations, including coordinating OIAs, privacy requests and complaint responses for the team, reporting, and preparing input into Ministers weekly reports as required.
You will have a network of like-minded operations and business professionals available to you within the organisation to test your thinking and help you grow and develop in your career.
Skills and experience for the role
- At least 2-3 years experience in an operational or business advisory role, ideally within a customer-facing government team.
- Ability to work independently and productively as the sole operations guru within the team.
- Builds and develops good relationships within the team and beyond.
- Master at following, improving and developing efficient team processes.
- Thinks critically and solves problems.
- Writes clearly and effectively.
- Works comfortably and reliably with details, while also able to consider the broader context.
- Ideally, has experience working with legislation.
Come work with smart and driven people that want to make a difference
MBIE is an incredibly diverse organisation, employing more than 4,000 people across a range of roles. We share a commitment to growing New Zealand for all.
We create opportunities for our people to gain experience in different parts of our organisation.
We are committed to providing more contemporary, flexible ways of working so our people can work in a way that best suits them, their work and their life. That includes giving our people more choice about when, how and where they work.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to start the online application process. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
We welcome your questions and enquiries regarding these roles. Please feel free to email Marg.Kennedy@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1379286
Applications close on Sunday 24th February 2019.