Advisor/Senior Assurance and Compliance Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Assurance and Compliance Advisor PD MBIE new template.pdf (PDF, 1,015KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Oct-2021|
- Show your exceptional advisory skills in Assurance and Compliance
- Apply your Audit and Risk Management experiences in an operational context
- Dynamic and challenging role with the ability to make a difference
- Based in our Central Wellington, Stout street location
Ministry of Business Innovations and Employment (MBIE) as one of New Zealand's largest regulators, Te Whakatairanga Services Delivery Group in MBIE works closely with businesses, employees and consumers to help them participate effectively in the market place. It operates across group boundaries to provide effective joined-up regulatory practice and services.
The Strategy and Enablement branch in Te Whakatairanga helps ensure the group delivers quality, timely, and effective services to NZ Public, and maintain the consistency of business operations and legislative compliance across the group. We guide and support business readiness, and help business to identify its operational risks and develop plans and controls to manage them. The branch supports the key ICT change projects, provide expertise for change processes and service designs, build workforce capability and support all of government responses in providing temporary accommodations, and giving support and advice on cyber-attacks.
The Advisor/Senior Assurance and Compliance Advisor position reports into the Group Business Manager, Group Business Management, Strategy and Enablement Branch, Te Whakatairanga Service Delivery Group and will be responsible for supporting the delivery of MBIE's risk and assurance framework at an operational level within the Group. The role is responsible for coordinating risk management work across the group, monitoring and delivering assurance programmes, and follow up internal audit reviews actions. It will also provide assurance to the senior leaders within the group on group's compliance with MBIE internal policies and legislative obligations.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work across the business
- Experience in risk and assurance framework implementation, management, and delivery
- Strong background in audit frameworks and processes with a focus on working with the business to effectively implement responses to audit findings
- Experience in completing and / or managing pre-audit, technical assurance, or peer reviews and programmes or similar programmes
- Experience in facilitating working groups to develop assurance and compliance improvement initiatives and solutions for use across an organisation
- Ability to gain and maintain a national security clearance as required.
If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this position we welcome your application.
To apply or view the position description, click on the “Apply Now” button which will take you to our careers website. You will need to complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role. All applications must be submitted via our online process.
Enquiries are welcome to Monica Chow at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE//1574570 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Monday 25th October 2021.