Advisor Data and Standards | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 2021 - Position Description - Advisor Data and Standards.pdf (PDF, 341KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Oct-2021|
- Do you enjoy the challenges of linking people and data?
- Great opportunity to develop your data management skills.
- Permanent role– Wellington CBD based.
- Salary ranges from $69,369 – $82,837.
About the role:
We are looking for a team-player who is excited about the opportunities and challenges in managing data to lift our maturity at MBIE.
You will be expected to provide advice and guidance to MBIE teams on their data management obligations and be an active participant in cross MBIE project teams implementing data management tools and processes. You will work closely with the Senior Advisor Data and Standards to support the MBIE Data Community of Practice.
We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic, a high attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Skills and Experience:
We are keen to hear from you if have:
- An understanding of data and information management legislation, principles and practices and how these impact complex organisations
- Experience providing data and information management advice and guidance to stakeholders
- A can-do attitude with a high level of initiative, sound judgement and discretion
- Flexibility to adapt within a fast-moving environment and learn new systems and approaches
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to prioritise tasks, managing your time effectively to meet conflicting deadlines.
- Sound analytical skills – able to see the big picture, make connections and appropriate decisions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Relevant tertiary qualification in information management/ or equivalent knowledge, skills, and experience; and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
Must have legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Everything we do at MBIE is about growing New Zealand for all. We recognise that a strong economy is one in which we use the skills, knowledge and time of our people in conjunction with our natural resources, and financial and physical capital to improve the wellbeing of current and future generations.
The Ministry has nine business groups: Building, Resources and Markets; Ngā Pou o te Taumaru; Digital, Data and Insights; Finance and Performance; Immigration New Zealand; Labour, Science and Enterprise; Managed Isolation and Quarantine; Strategic Policy and Programmes; and Te Whakatairanga Service Delivery.
The Advisor Data and Standards reports into the Manager, Quality and Standards in the Digital, Data and Insights group.
The functions in this group are:
- Evidence and Insights
- Insights and Data Transformation (IDx)
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
For further information please refer to the attached Position Description. If you have any further questions email Dheeraj on Dheeraj.Deshmukh@mbie.govt.nz referencing MBIE/1574458.
Applications close at 5pm on 28th October 2021.