Engagement and Communications Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - ECoMS Engagement and Communications Advisor .pdf (PDF, 909KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Oct-2021|
- Deliver communications about issues that really matter and make a difference to New Zealanders - as part of high performing Engagement and Communications team
- Permanent communication advisor role in the Kānoa – Regional Economic and Development & Investment team
- Flexible working environment
About the role
We're looking for an Engagement and Communications Advisor to join our fun, creative and people-focussed Kānoa – Regional Economic and Development & Investment team in MBIE's Engagement, Communications and Ministerial Services Branch.
The work will be interesting, meaningful and rewarding. You'll work with smart and dedicated professionals who are empowering MBIE's staff and creating one of the best working environments in New Zealand.
To succeed in the role, you will be someone who leads with empathy and puts people at the heart of what you do. You will be innovative in your approach to delivering best practice, customer focused communications. Working as part of a great team, you will be encouraged and supported to contribute to the excellent communications service delivered to the Ministry.
To be successful, you will have:
- Experience in the development and implementation of engagement plans, and in the writing and delivery of appropriate and customer focussed communications
- The ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships and to develop trust and credibility with key internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of proactive planning, multi-media and digital communications
- A proactive, can-do attitude with a high level of initiative, sound judgement and discretion.
Why work for us
MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
Developing our staff is a key focus for MBIE. We aim to create a culture where staff are empowered to bring fresh perspectives to issues and to think outside the box. MBIE offers significant opportunity for developing experience across a broad variety of areas. We encourage excellence and proactively support development through on-the-job learning and other training. We are also committed to providing a flexible working environment.
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents.
To find out more about these positions and how to join MBIE, please refer to the attached Position Description or contact Lapulou Mo'ale on Lapulou.Moale@mbie.govt.nz for a confidential discussion.
To apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply Now' button. This will allow you to register your details and submit your application for this vacancy.
Applications close 5pm Thursday 28 October 2021.