Advisor Protective Security | Auckland
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Advisor Protective Security - Protective Security_Workplace - July 2021.pdf (PDF, 1.03MB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Oct-2021|
- Join us to provide advice and support to help build awareness and understanding of protective security requirements and how to apply them in a large and highly complex agency, taking a risk-based approach appropriate to the situation at any given time.
- Work with great people, in a supportive team environment, committed to protecting the security of MBIE's people, physical assets and information.
- Auckland CBD based.
Why work for us?
Our aspiration is that the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is a great place to work where great work gets done. We believe in harnessing the potential of our people and the diverse skills and life experiences they bring to MBIE. Our targets are challenging and require us to work with others, and across the Ministry (making the most of our size and scope).
About the role
You will contribute to the successful design and delivery of protective security related products and services, lifting protective security capability maturity across the agency and provide second line of defence protective security assurance.
This will require you to:
- maintain the online vetting system for security clearances;
- build and maintain a strong relationship with internal and external stakeholders;
- provide assurance that MBIE is accessing and using classified information appropriately;
- educate MBIE people on how to classify information and data correctly;
- educate MBIE people on how to apply for and maintain security clearances;
- provide travel advice to MBIE people travelling for work purposes;
- support the administration, maintenance and smooth operating of the SCIFs;
- contribute to protective security products, policies, standards, processes, guidelines, regulation and legislation, that met MBIE's strategic and operational needs;
- contribute to security capability maturity uplift work streams, particularly in the personnel security and information security domains;
- contribute to the design and implementation of protective security campaigns and events to raise security awareness and support a robust organisational culture.
Skills and experience required
To be successful in this role you will need the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience working in an operational or advisory role within PSR.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A track record of developing and delivering pragmatic and commensurate PSR expertise and advice.
- Proven experience influencing others to achieve outcomes in highly complex PERSEC environments.
- Credible in front of senior management.
- Ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills.
- Ability to identify and appropriately manage risk.
- Flexibility to adapt within a fast moving environment.
We're keen to hear from you if you have the knowledge, skills and experience outlined above. You must have some Protective Security Requirements (PSR) experience of New Zealand's Cabinet-mandated requirements, particularly in PERSEC and INFOSEC.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo and achieve a satisfactory credit check.
A security clearance to Top Secret level must be able to be maintained.
Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen, OR a resident who has resided continuously in New Zealand for 10 years, OR a citizen of Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom or the United States of America, and have resided continuously in one or more of these countries for the last 10 years.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Lapulou at Lapulou.Moale@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1573981 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Tuesday, 26 October 2021.