Senior Business Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Business Advisor position description.pdf (PDF, 699KB)
|Application Close Date:||31-Oct-2021|
- Great opportunity to use your sharp writing and data skills to tell the BVO story
- Permanent opportunity available – Wellington based
- Be part of a small and supportive team
- Salary range $93K - $115K
The Border and Visa Operations (BVO) branch in Immigration New Zealand is accountable for high quality and timely visa and border entry decisions. The BVO Business Support Team support the BVO Leadership team and BVO Branch by providing high quality functional business support for business planning, risk management, ministerial reporting, administrative services and advisory support for strategic projects.
As a senior business advisor you will bring your depth of knowledge in parliamentary processes and strong writing and data skills to lead a significant portfolio of work to tell BVO's performance story.
In this role you will provide high quality content for a wide range of Ministerial reports and products and executive performance reporting.
You will bring your business perspective to work across Immigration New Zealand and MBIE to ensure our branch's strategic and operational projects are delivered to best practice.
The role will be ideal for someone who has previous advisory experience in the public sector and is wishing to further develop them-selves both professionally and personally – plenty of support will be provided to help achieve this.
Skills and Experience:
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- Understanding of the processes that underpin the operations of the public sector environment, Cabinet and parliamentary processes, and machinery of government.
- Proven experience in delivering outstanding quality service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information, and understand unfamiliar issues.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, including an ability to quickly identify risks and issues and possible pathways forward.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Political awareness and sensitivity to anticipate areas of potential risk and inform decision-making.
- Proven ability to develop trust and credibility with managers and staff.
- High integrity and ability in handling sensitive and confidential information.
How to Apply
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents, and the ability to gain and maintain national security clearance as required.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be formally submitted via our online process. For further information please refer to the attached Position Description. If you have any further questions email Fi on Fi.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz referencing MBIE/1573809.
Applications close on Sunday 31 October 2021.