Senior Science Investment Manager | Contestable Investments | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Senior Investment Manager PD 2021.pdf (PDF, 1.24MB)
|Application Close Date:||31-Oct-2021|
Salary Range $110,000- $135,000
Secondment Opportunity or
Fixed Term Until 30 June 2022
Your opportunity to join a team of talented Science Investment Managers who enable the Government's investment to achieve successful science outcomes.
Ko wai mātou | About the Science System Investment and Performance branch
We are responsible for the full range of functions that supports New Zealand's science and research system. We make, manage, assess and advise on a range of scientific investments to meet New Zealand's economic, social and environmental ambitions.
- Through a portfolio approach, based on broad scientific knowledge within the branch, and the contribution of specialised expertise from the sector (e.g. through Panels and assessors).
- Through sector stewardship, working as a credible partner and neutral broker within the sector and across government to facilitate frank discussions and identify opportunities.
- As a smart operator, with both scientific and government sector credibility, and the ability to marry these to find practical solutions.
- By being the expert on best practice and running efficient, clear processes.
Te āhua o Te Tūrunga | About the Senior (Science) Investment Manager role
The Contestable Investments Team manages research investments and runs investment processes for one of the largest pools of contestable government research funding. We focus on scientific research to improve New Zealand's environment, social and economic outcomes. Our goal is to use science excellence to generate transformative impact for New Zealand. We build knowledge and strong constructive relationships with the science, research and end user community; we manage investment and contracting relationships to contribute to smart funding decisions; we monitor and evaluate the performance of investments; and we work in science topic areas across the science system. The Senior (Science) Investment Manager role supports these functions.
The Senior (Science) Investment Manager role, sits within MBIE's Labour, Science and Enterprise Group with the Contestable Investments Team.
Ngā tino Pūkenga/Whēako | Desired Skills and Experience
We welcome candidates from all walks of life and value a diverse range of professional experience, including:
- Significant experience in outcome focussed contract management and sector knowledge to manage science investment processes and to monitor contracts to ensure they are delivering against the policy intention.
- Knowledge of the New Zealand science and innovation system.
- Stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills – both verbal and written
- An understanding of government processes
Ko wai mātou | About MBIE:
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
Te Tono | How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
You must have legal right to live and work in NZ
For a confidential chat about the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1573654 if you have any further questions.
Applications Close 31 October 2021