Advisor, Engagement and Communications | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| JD_Advisor communications and engagement_Oct_21.pdf (PDF, 911KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Oct-2021|
- Use your social media skills to communicate cyber security advice
- Monitor CERT NZ's digital performance and provide advice to improve it
- Be part of the response team during cyber security incidents
- Support the growth of New Zealand's digital economy by promoting safe cyber security practices
- 10-month fixed term role, central Wellington office
CERT NZ's mission is to reduce the incidence and impact of cyber attacks in Aotearoa. We work across the private and public sectors and with our international partners to address cyber security threats to New Zealand.
With our social media lead going on parental leave, we invite an up-and-coming social media practitioner to join CERT NZ and lend their hand to helping us with this important mahi.
The role involves planning, commissioning/creating, and delivering social media content across three social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn).
You'll need to be able to adjust your tone and approach for different audiences, and ideally have an understanding of the cyber security world.
You'll also monitor our performance across these channels, provide reports, and apply lessons learned so we can continually improve the way we connect to the diverse communities of New Zealand.
Alongside social media, you'll pitch in to assist with website changes, media queries, campaign development, and cross-agency engagement.
We're a fun and collaborative team, and this role provides plenty of scope to show leadership and achieve great things, for someone with creativity and initiative.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- experience with social media content creation and scheduling
- ability to write for different audiences
- good writing, editing and oral communications skills, with the ability to convey complex technical information in an easy-to-understand manner
- strength in developing constructive relationships at all levels
To find out more about this position and how to join MBIE, please refer to the attached Position Description or contact Monica Chow at email@example.com quoting reference number MBIE/1573391. if you have further questions.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
To apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply Now' button. This will allow you to register your details and submit your application for this vacancy.
Applications close at 5.00pm on 25 October 2021.