Business Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Position Description Business Advisor (1).DOCX (Word, 706KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Oct-2021|
- Be a lynch-pin in the team supporting MIQ leaders
- One year fixed term contract, Wellington Based
- Salary range; $69,369-$82,837
The team in the Office of the Deputy Secretary (ODS), within Managed Isolation and Quarantine, are committed to being a centre of excellence the whole organisation trusts to deliver. We are looking for a smart and agile Business Advisor to join our team. We want someone to hit the ground running, using your diverse skills to support our leaders deliver MIQ for Aotearoa New Zealand.
You will have great judgement; be quick at building relationships; and adept at summarising material provided by organisational business units, turning it into crisp visual intelligence suitable for MIQ leaders and the Minister. That your communication and presentation skills are strong, goes without saying. You will be adept at communicating with a range of people; and whether co-ordinating people, meetings or the flow of information, you understand the importance of deadlines and continuously delivering to them.
You are a motivated team player, who wants to use your skills and passion to make a difference as a lynch-pin in the team supporting MIQ leaders. In return, we offer you a varied and interesting role, where you will be engaged in the latest issues, and your thoughtful input will be valued by an open and available Leadership Team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assessing information from across the MIQ organisation to produce visual material that will support the production of quality routine products including: Monthly and quarterly reports to the MIQ Leadership Team and the Ministers Office;
- Supporting Managers and Team Leaders to meet their corporate obligations and ensuring their contributions to MIQ work plans are on track;
- Building a network of connections with key MIQ people to be able to quickly access and draw an accurate picture around the latest issues to feed into the products you produce; and
- Sharing key decisions and intelligence back across the MIQ organisation.
Applicants must have the right to work in New Zealand
MIQ became a Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) business group on 13 July 2020. The purpose of managed isolation is to ensure COVID-19 is not spread to the community while enabling Kiwis and other exempted travellers to return to New Zealand safely. A key enabler of this work is collaboration across government.
Over 170,000 people have passed through MIQ since New Zealand stood up its response to Covid-19. A range of agencies including the Ministry of Health, All-of-Government, Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, Police, Customs, New Zealand Defence Force, Aviation Security Service and other business groups in MBIE are working together to deliver an enduring MIQ system.
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
Our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our online careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the online application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Please email email@example.com quoting reference MBIE/1573158 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm Thursday 21 October 2021