Senior Stakeholder Engagement Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Stakeholder Engagement Advisor, Enabling Services Position Description - NZGP - Oct 2021.pdf (PDF, 987KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Oct-2021|
- Provide high-quality, strategic communications and stakeholder advice to the New Zealand Government Procurement and Government Property branches
- Deliver stakeholder engagement for high-profile, critical projects: All-of-Government Banking contract, implementation of Alternative Risk Financing and the Government Supplier Relationship Management programme.
- Permanent opportunity based in our Central Wellington location
- Salary range of $112,856 to $138,028 p.a.
Reporting to the Manager Agency Engagement, the Senior Stakeholder Engagement Advisor provides high quality communications and stakeholder engagement advice to the New Zealand Government Procurement and Government Property branches.
The immediate focus of this role is to support delivery of high-profile projects, including the All-of-Government Banking contract, implementation of Alternative Risk Financing and the Government Supplier Relationship Management programme. These projects are expected to run for 12-18 months and will require you to engage with senior leaders across private and public sector.
More generally, the Senior Stakeholder Engagement Advisor works with teams across the Branch to deliver communications and engagement strategies for key projects and support effective engagement with our diverse range of stakeholders.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Wide-ranging knowledge of communications best practice and experience in developing and implementing stakeholder engagement and communications plans and in the design and delivery of written media, external and internal communications material
- Excellent writing, editing and oral communications skills demonstrating experience in tailoring messages to different audiences
- Demonstrated ability to take a strategic, proactive approach to stakeholder engagement and developing innovative and creative solutions to achieve stakeholder engagement outcomes
- Experience managing digital communications channels including website, social media and/or e-newsletters
- Effective management of risks, issues, customer insight and communications in a complex political environment
- Commercial acumen and credibility, personal or collaborative influence, expectations management, and targeted persuasion to gain cooperation or support, affect change and inspire others
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain constructive and effective relationships at all levels, internally and externally. Positioning as a trusted stakeholder engagement advisor within teams and with senior managers
MBIE is an incredibly diverse organisation, employing more than 4,000 people across a range of roles. We share a commitment to growing New Zealand for all. Our values are part of everything we do. Our people are strong collaborators, who believe we are always Better Together – Mahi Tahi. We are Bold and Brave - Māia in the way we create, innovate, learn and share. We take charge of Building our Future – Pono Me Te Tika and we Own It – Pae Kahurangi in everything we do.
We are committed to providing contemporary, flexible ways of working so our people can work in a way that best suits them, their work and their life. That includes giving our people more choice about when, how and where they work.
If you can demonstrate the skills required for this role, we would like to hear from you. For further information and a confidential discussion, please contact Paige Haydock by email Paige.Haydock@mbie.govt.nz quoting MBIE/1573150.
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” button which will take you to our career website. You will need to complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role. All applications must be submitted via our online process.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday the 27th of October 2021.