Senior Procurement Specialist | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Procurement Specialist, NZGP Sourcing PD 2021.pdf (PDF, 1.05MB)
|Application Close Date:||29-Oct-2021|
- Use your commercial acumen to support the development and execution of varied sourcing strategies and commercial outcomes for All of Government (AoG) contracting
- Shape supply markets to achieve the best possible outcomes for New Zealand Inc.
- Two permanent opportunities based in Wellington CBD
- Salary range $93,000 to $115,000 p.a.
About the role:
New Zealand Government Procurement (NZGP), a branch of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE), has two exciting opportunities for sourcing professionals to join the team and utilise their skills to deliver excellence for the branch and its customers.
The Senior Procurement Specialist is responsible for leading engagement with agencies, suppliers and centres of expertise to achieve the best possible outcomes for government, while understanding the impact large scale procurements can have on market dynamics.
The role reports to the Manager Commercial Strategy & Sourcing and supports the delivery of a multi-billion dollar sourcing pipeline. Successful applicants will have an understanding of supply markets and agency needs; be able to lead the development and execution of sourcing strategies; and assist NZGP in driving competitive solutions which deliver public value for agencies, suppliers and government.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience of leading collaborative sourcing projects within a complex, multi-stakeholder operating environment
- Proven strengths in stakeholder management and a high degree of commercial acumen to drive better outcomes for both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in complex, dynamic environments managing high levels of ambiguity and risk.
- Success in building relationships across organisational, professional and operational boundaries – willingness to constructively challenge the status quo
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated by credibility, personal or collaborative influence, managing expectations and targeted persuasion
Why work for us?
NZGP helps government agencies achieve greater public value by delivering procurement excellence. We provide the government's procurement functional leadership objectives through a collaborative, centre-led approach. We help government agencies with building procurement capability, providing support, advice and expertise, and make procurement management easier through systems and frameworks that support quality decision making.
We aim to create a culture where staff are empowered to bring fresh perspectives to issues and to think outside the box. We encourage excellence and proactively support development through on-the-job learning, training courses, and development programmes. We support flexible working and will work with candidates meet your preferred ways of working.
Find out more about us and what we do via this link: NZ Government Procurement
If you can demonstrate the skills required for this role, we would like to hear from you. For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Paige Haydock by email Paige.Haydock@mbie.govt.nz
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” button which will take you to our careers website. You will need to complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role. All applications must be submitted via our online process.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Friday 29th October 2021