Senior Assurance Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - F+P Internal Assurance Senior Advisor Assurance - Oct 2021.pdf (PDF, 913KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Oct-2021|
- Do you want to take your career to the next level working for one of New Zealand's largest and most diverse public sector organisations?
- Do you have a passion for exceeding customer expectations?
- Are you looking for a flexible working environment?
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a small team that welcomes and values diversity, where you can help build and enhance the overall capability of MBIE's Internal Assurance function.
Reporting the General Manager Internal Assurance, you will support the delivery of internal assurance reviews from planning though to leading fieldwork, coordination and reporting to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and MBIE's Risk and Advisory Committee.
We are looking for a self-starter who is passionate about internal assurance, can bring a fresh perspective, and thrives in a complex and changing environment.
Skills and experience required:
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- Demonstrated ability to quickly assimilate new information or areas of work and come to an understanding of unfamiliar or complex concepts and environments
- Knowledge and understanding of the Public Finance Act (and Government operating mechanisms) and the Institute of Internal Auditor's Professional Standards
- Strong understanding of and expertise in best practice assurance frameworks and processes
- Proven experience in providing high quality technical audit-related advice to senior managers and leadership teams
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, demonstrated through experience in successfully supporting assurance reviews and producing high quality reports
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with senior managers and staff at all levels
- Proven ability to think independently and influence others by expressing ideas clearly and succinctly
- Can-do attitude and a high level of initiative, sound judgement and discretion
- Well organised with the ability to multitask and manage time effectively
- Experience in data analysis would be advantageous
- Chartered Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor preferred or a relevant tertiary qualification
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
About the team:
The Finance and Performance business group provides corporate services to the wider business and comprises approximately 170 staff located in Wellington, Auckland, Christchurch and offshore in Beijing and Mumbai.
The Group comprises the following functions:
- Enterprise Performance and Reporting
- Enterprise Risk and Compliance
- Finance Business Partnering
- Financial Systems and Control
- Internal Assurance
Why work for us?
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad range of areas.
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh ideas and perspectives and to develop new approaches.
We also take the time to foster a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to collaborate, support and encourage our people, encourage excellence and innovation and take the time to have some fun and celebrate our successes.
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Lapulou at Lapulou.Moale@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1572842 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Tuesday 26 October 2021.