Investment Coordinator | Science Investment Operations | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Investment Coordinator PD 2021.pdf (PDF, 1.07MB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Oct-2021|
- Are you an excellent coordinator and enjoy contributing your ideas to improving the way we operate.
- A challenging and varied role where you work in a team to deliver effective and efficient funding/investment rounds.
- Our approach is to deliver an effective service for New Zealand scientists and researchers.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to bring their project planning and coordination, communication, relationship management, customer service and contract administration skills to NZ's science funding system. We work collaboratively with a team of people to ensure that science funding processes are planned and coordinated, and best practice is followed.
We recognise a common set of team values that promote a fun positive team culture that values professionalism, respect, accountability and communication. Diversity is highly valued and managers work hard to ensure that all staff are given opportunities to develop their skills and expertise.
Your role is crucial to ensuring that timelines are met, requirements for system configuration are understood and configured, input into external documentation is accurate, and manage workflow in the system to ensure funding operations run efficiently.
A task-focused role includes planning, coordinating and implementing contract administration i.e. drafting contracts, peer reviewing, processing contract variations and facilitating contract payments.
We provide excellent customer service to external stakeholders, and monitor and respond to enquiries through the 0800 help line and Investment Management System support email account.
For the Investment Coordinator role we are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- A proven track record of experience in project planning and coordination and business processing support
- Have an aptitude to use the Ministry's Investment Management System to configure templates and forms for funding processes to ensure they are fit for purpose. Previous relevant technical experience is beneficial.
- Have an eye for detail and a high level of accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Ability to manage positive relationships at all levels in the organisation
- A pro-active, solutions focused work style with a strong customer service focus and delivery
- Be comfortable with ambiguity that change brings as we remain agile to a changing funding environment, demonstrating your resilience, multi-tasking skills and experience
- Experience in government processes and best practice in the funding operation and contracting areas is desirable.
How to Apply
All applicants must be New Zealand citizens or hold a residence class visa.
Click on the APPLY button below where a position description is also available. Your application must include your CV and a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position.
We welcome your inquires, please contact Jane Ransfield: email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1572747
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday 28 October 2021.