Data Scientist | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Data Scientist - IDI - 08102021.pdf (PDF, 978KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Oct-2021|
- Grow the data science capability at Immigration New Zealand
- Make data meaningful in this diverse and supportive team
- Permanent position, salary range - $93,5k-$115,5k, flexible location
About the role.
As a Data Scientist in the Joint Targeting & Analytics (JTA) team, you will work in partnership with your manager and other staff across JTA and the wider business. You will bring your data understanding and expertise to contribute to JTA operations including risk management and the development of smarter targeting methods to support immigration decision makers.
You will be working with legacy systems including the primary SAS data warehouse amongst other INZ data repositories. You may also have opportunities to work in collaboration with data scientists from other border agencies as part of a cross-agency team delivering analytics capabilities to help protect New Zealand's border.
Skills and experience required:
- Depth of experience using analytics modelling techniques in a risk and/or operational environment both on premise and in the cloud.
- Ability to work both independently, and in collaboration with others, with a can-do attitude
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information or areas of work
- You have excellent communication skills with a proven ability to develop trust and credibility with managers and staff, and develop strong working relationships with them
- Experience translating complex and technical information to be easily understood by non-technical staff.
For your application to be considered, you must have New Zealand citizenship or hold a permanent residency visa.
Why work for us?
You will be part of a team making a real difference for New Zealand. You will also benefit from:
- 23 days annual leave
- Flexible working opportunities
- Exposure across NZ's largest government Ministry
- Solving large and complex problems
Ētahi kōrero mō MBIE - About MBIE:
As one of New Zealand's largest government agencies, the work we do impacts the lives of all New Zealanders. We work to increase household incomes by helping businesses to be more productive and internationally competitive, increasing opportunities for all New Zealanders to participate in the economy through improved job opportunities, and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
This is all echoed in our Māori identity – Hikina Whakatutuki – which broadly means “lifting to make successful”.
Me pēhea te tono: - How to apply:
Please see position description attached and complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter.
Please contact Mel Holland at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions and quote reference MBIE/1572001.
Applications close 5pm, Sunday 24 October 2021.