Senior Business Advisor | Auckland
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| INZ_BVO_Senior Business Advisor_Border_October 2021.pdf (PDF, 913KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Oct-2021|
- Support the strategic direction and operational delivery
- Produce high quality written products
- Permanent role, salary range – $93,5k-$101,5k
A challenging and exciting opportunity has come about within our Border Operations team.
As a Senior Business Advisor you will support the achievement of our operational and strategic goals, and provide high quality advice to the National Manager and the Border Leadership Team. You will be responsible for writing high quality leadership team and ministerial reports. You will have a sound business and operational planning background, in a high intensity service delivery environment. You will be comfortable representing Immigration New Zealand in a range of internal and external stakeholder border sector engagements, coordinating inputs where necessary and ensuring the leadership team is well briefed. You will need be an excellent written and verbal communicator with a strong planning background who thrives amongst the cut and thrust of a critical service delivery organisation.
You will be joining a dedicated team who are passionate about their work. This role can be based either in Auckland or Wellington CBD:
- Auckland – the successful applicant will need to work across both Auckland International Airport and Auckland CBD locations
- Wellington – the successful applicant will be based in Wellington CBD
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A strong understanding of the machinery of government, public sector environment, and Cabinet and parliamentary processes
- Excellent political awareness and sensitivity
- Proven experience in influencing and delivering outstanding quality service to stakeholders
- The ability to assimilate new information quickly, as well as the ability to work well with ambiguity
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Proven experience and depth of analytical skills and attention to detail, and an ability to quickly identify and mitigate risks and issues
- Proven ability to develop trust and credibility
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with integrity.
For your application to be considered, you must have New Zealand citizenship or hold a permanent residency visa.
Ētahi kōrero mō MBIE - About MBIE:
As one of New Zealand's largest government agencies, the work we do impacts the lives of all New Zealanders. We work to increase household incomes by helping businesses to be more productive and internationally competitive, increasing opportunities for all New Zealanders to participate in the economy through improved job opportunities, and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
This is all echoed in our Māori identity – Hikina Whakatutuki – which broadly means “lifting to make successful”.
Me pēhea te tono: - How to apply:
Please see position description attached and complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter.
Please contact Mel Holland at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions and quote reference MBIE/1571899.
Applications close 5pm, Sunday 24 October 2021.