Manager, Business Management | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position description Manager Business Management (Sept 2021) - people leader (003).pdf (PDF, 862KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Oct-2021|
- Be a part of driving Immigration New Zealand (INZ) priorities
- Interesting mix of operational and strategic delivery through business management
- Flexible and supportive team, culture and work environment
- Salary range $112K - $138K
The INZ Business Management team are a passionate team that support INZ branches to manage the machinery of government workload and we need a great people leader to lead them.
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for management of the coordinating and supporting machinery of government requirements across all of INZ including (but not limited to) Estimates, Annual Review, parliamentary questions, Official Information Act requests, reporting, briefing requests and supporting the Ministerial offices. With a wider lens you will work with the business to improve practises, and look for opportunities to improve the processes.
You will enjoy working in a fast paced, ambiguous environment, and being able to calmly organise support to meet changing needs. You will enjoy developing processes to make the team run well, and working with others around the business to ensure they meet deadlines.
To be successful in this role you will need
- Great people leader skills
- An excellent understanding and strong experience in machinery of government requirements within the public sector
- Excellent understanding of technical machinery of government principals
- Experience planning and delivering key pieces of work/projects, to meet business needs
- Strong relationship management with proven success building strong connections
- Proven experience in managing across a number of competing priorities
You will be a champion of best practices and have a commitment to continuous improvement.
Skills and experience required:
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- Proven leadership skills
- People leader experience
- Proven experience in machinery of government within public sector
- Wide ranging knowledge of reporting requirements, tracking, coordinating and supporting
- Previous experience in roles requiring stakeholder management and influencing
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
About the team:
The Business Management team was established in October 2019 and sits within the Enablement Group. The Business Management team is responsible for the full range of machinery of government functions, including coordinating and supporting across all branches within INZ and reporting across all key deliverables.
Why work for us?
This is your opportunity to join an organisation that works with international organisations and industry partners to improve border security and make immigration easier. We lead government strategy designed to help migrants settle in New Zealand.
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
Immigration New Zealand looks after New Zealand's immigration rules and laws, which in turn support our economic growth and strengthen our relationship with other parts of the world. We offer a range of visas to help those who can contribute to New Zealand to visit, work, study, live, or invest here.
The key role of the Enablement Branch is to set the rules for decision making. These rules reflect and incorporate strategic priorities and mandated change. The branch also provides centralised support for the ongoing smooth running of INZ.
How to apply:
For your application to be considered you must be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand permanent residency.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Fi at Fi.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1571871 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 25 October 2021