Advisor International | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Advisor International Enablement.pdf (PDF, 619KB)
|Application Close Date:||21-Oct-2021|
- Contribute to an international strategy for Immigration New Zealand
- Be part of a committed team who plans, coordinates and supports a range of international activities
- Wellington-based position with options for flexible working
- Salary range $69K - $85K
About the role
This role provides support to the Manager International Strategy by producing advice and assistance across the range of INZ's international engagements, ensuring a cohesive organisational-wide position on all relevant issues.
International Advisors work as part of a team to support managers and INZ teams in their international engagements and strengthen the overall capability of Immigration New Zealand in the international arena.
In this role you will:
- Work in a small team of Senior Advisers and Advisers in the wider Strategy, Engagement & Education Branch.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of an International Strategy for INZ to bring together diverse responsibilities into a coherent international approach.
- Engage with our counterpart agencies overseas (including Australia, Canada, US and the UK) and key agencies in New Zealand (including MFAT and NZ Customs), developing strong and collaborative relationships.
Skills and experience required:
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and writing skills
- Experience in providing advice in a government environment
- Ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships
- Experience in working with external agencies to achieve internal objectives and delivering outstanding quality service
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
- Ability to gain a security clearance preferred
Come work with smart and driven people that want to make a difference
MBIE is an incredibly diverse organisation, employing more than 5,000 people across a range of roles. We share a commitment to growing New Zealand for all. Our values are part of everything we do. Our people are strong collaborators, who believe we are always Better Together – Mahi Tahi. We are Bold and Brave - Māia in the way we create, innovate, learn and share. We take charge of Building our Future – Pono Me Te Tika and we Own It – Pae Kahurangi in everything we do.
We create opportunities for our people to gain experience in different parts of our organisation. We are committed to providing contemporary, flexible ways of working so our people can work in a way that best suits them, their work and their life. That includes giving our people more choice about when, how and where they work.
For your application to be considered you must be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand permanent residency.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Please e-mail Fi on Fi.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz quoting reference MBIE/1571706 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday 21 October 2021.