Manager Supplier Relationship Management | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Manager Supplier Relationship Management - June 2021.pdf (PDF, 863KB)
|Application Close Date:||21-Oct-2021|
- Lead a holistic and informed approach to supplier relationship management
- Develop and maintain outstanding supplier relationships to maximise All of Government contracts and deliver collaborative procurement approaches
- Permanent opportunity based in Central Wellington
The New Zealand Government Procurement branch (NZGP) has an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled leader and procurement expert to lead a team of procurement specialists working with our suppliers to maximise the return on government's investment.
Interested? Read on.
Reporting to the Manager Supplier Relationship Management & Contracts, the Manager Supplier Relationship Management provides direction, guidance and mentoring to their team who drive innovation and added value from suppliers ensuring that government's return on its investment with suppliers is maximised. This includes ensuring that the contractual obligations of NZGP, government agencies and suppliers are delivered through ongoing and proactive stakeholder engagement activities.
For more information on our branch and what we do, please see our page: NZ Government Procurement
Working in collaboration with others in NZGP, the role holder works to ensure that NZGP takes a holistic and informed approach to supplier relationship management and that engagement is not occurring in isolation.
The Manager Supplier Relationship Management ensures that the team actively and regularly engages with suppliers to achieve the best possible commercial outcomes for government agencies, while understanding the impact of AoG contracts on the market.
The salary range for this role is $132,417 to $160,472 p.a.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated commercial and procurement experience within government, a regulatory environment or the private sector
- Significant experience in influencing and negotiating with stakeholders, suppliers, potential suppliers, senior managers
- Considerable experience in cooperative, partnering relationships with key stakeholders or suppliers driving innovation, added value and benefit realisation
- Demonstrated ability to critically analyse complex commercial and procurement situations and to recommend and design robust solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated by credibility, personal or collaborative influence, managing expectations and targeted persuasion
- Demonstrated ability to develop engagement strategies and business plans
- High degree of political nous and a strong working knowledge of the machinery of government
- Considerable experience in dealing with ambiguity in a complex and dynamic environment
- Demonstrated experience in ensuring contractual obligations are understood and delivered
If you can demonstrate the skills required for this role, we would like to hear from you. For further information and a confidential discussion, please contact Paige at Paige.Haydock@mbie.govt.nz quoting MBIE/1571403.
You will need to complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role. All applications must be submitted via our online process for tracking and evaluation purposes.
Applications close at 5.00pm on 21 October 2021