Immigration Officer - Henderson | Auckland
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD INZ_Immigration Officer_ October 2021.pdf (PDF, 1.06MB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Oct-2021|
- Permanent full-time position
- Auckland - Henderson Based
- Flexible working hours to suit your life, between 6am-6pm Monday - Friday
- Start date 10th January 2022
- Starting salary of $57,227
What does this role involve?
As an Immigration Officer you will be responsible for processing visa applications, a desk based role where you'll be taking the information available to you and using this to make sound decisions as you process visa applications. You will be interpreting immigration legislation, and utilising your proven analysis, judgement and decision making abilities to make quality immigration decisions.
Not everyone has the ability to see below the surface of information presented. However, with your eye for detail and analytical skills complimented by your natural passion for New Zealand and enthusiasm for making positive changes, an exciting career within Immigration New Zealand could be waiting for you.
A background in high volume workloads or caseload management would be very beneficial, ensuring you are able to meet the demands of this role.
About the Henderson Office:
The Henderson office is based off Lincoln Road and has free roadside parking opportunities and plenty of lunch options in close proximity.
Skills and experience required:
- Recent experience in a high performance service delivery environment; including caseload management
- Great verbal and written communication skills, with proven expertise conveying concepts, policy, and information clearly and concisely to any variable audience
- Computing literacy and aptitude in MS Office applications, and technology generally
- Experience in a processing environment
- Time management ability to effectively manage high volume workflow and case loads
- Flexible with working with multiple demands and able to adapt to change on short notice
- Mental agility to learn and apply new learning
- A strong moral compass, and be known to ‘act with integrity' in all you undertake
- A relevant tertiary qualification is advantageous but not essential
- The motivation and willingness to make a positive difference as a proactive team member
We offer ongoing on-the-job training to candidates who are successful in the role.
Starting salary of $57,227
Please note the start date is 10th January 2022
About MBIE/Immigration New Zealand:
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow New Zealand's economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Immigration New Zealand has an active role in this by bringing the best people New Zealand needs to prosper.
The role of Immigration Officer will report within the Border and Visa Operations division, and Visa Operations is the main processing and operational arm of INZ.
Applicants must be Australian or NZ citizens or hold Permanent Residency.
The recruitment process
The application form includes two competency questions that need to be answered along with submitting your Cover Letter and CV.
The recruitment process will involve a situational judgement questionnaire, video interview, and a formal panel interview including a written exercise.
All information provided is evaluated in line with the competencies required for the role of Immigration Officer.
How to apply:
Click the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via the online advertisement.
Email Emily Boyd at Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1570995 if you have any further questions.
Applications close 5pm on 20th October 2021.