Verification Manager - London | London
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Verification Manager London- Position description.pdf (PDF, 884KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Oct-2021|
- Be part of a busy offshore team in a complex environment
- Lead a team of Verification Officers
- Provide quality risk and verification information to inform quality protect the integrity of the wider immigration system
- Permanent locally engaged position
- Located in London, UK
- Salary range £48,855 - £68,871
The Verification Manager forms part of the Risk and Verification (R&V) function within the Verification and Compliance Branch of Immigration New Zealand.
The Verification Manager forms part of a global network of R&V staff whose role it is to maintain emphasis and focus on risks and opportunities from a regional, visa product and sector perspective, providing assurance to managers on the overall health of risk-related systems and tools.
You will manage a team of Verification Officers and monitor local risk and verification capability, ensuring risk and verification processes are robust and fit for purpose.
You will be a strong people leader, capable of motivating people as part of a geographically dispersed network and have exemplary relationship management skills to leverage optimal outcomes for Immigration New Zealand.
Drawing on your sound working knowledge of risk management and related methodology, you will drive and champion risk leadership across the business, proactively identifying immigration related risks and opportunities in your area to inform the wider risk network.
Key deliverables of the role include:
- Working proactively as part of a globally dispersed R&V team
- Staff management, including work allocation and monitoring, as well as coaching and development
- Maintaining and developing risk management capability
- Ensuring risk analytics and business rule systems are robust and appropriately maintained
- Identifying intelligence, information analysis requirements for the region, product and/or sector your team is responsible for
- Supporting the development, implementation and ongoing enhancement of risk-related tools and systems across MBIE
- Managing stakeholder relationships with MBIE and with international partners
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow New Zealand's economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Immigration New Zealand has an active role in this by bringing the best people New Zealand needs to prosper. We look for people who are passionate about New Zealand and enthusiastic about making a positive change to our economy, our people and our safety.
You must have the legal right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
If you do not meet the minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
To apply for the role you will need to submit a cover letter of no more than 500 words, outlining why you think you are suitable for the role. Please ensure you include the name and contact details of one or two referees, who you give permission for the panel to contact if required.
Email Fi Sanderson at Fi.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1570786 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5.00am on Sunday 24 October 2021.