Information Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Information Analyst - IDI - Position Description - October 2021.pdf (PDF, 917KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Oct-2021|
- Do you have experience using SAS or similar tools working on large data sets?
- Join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team making a difference
- Permanent role, salary range $69k-$82,5k, Wellington CBD location
About the role.
We are looking for two Information Analysts to join the Business Analytics and Targeting team within Intelligence, Data and Insights.
The Information Analyst is responsible for providing statistical analysis, data analyses, regular and ad hoc reporting to assist with risk management.
Skills and experience required:
- Proven knowledge and experience in analysing business information needs and the ability to translate these into business information requirements
- Knowledge of relational databases and business information tools/software
- Experience of working in a data warehouse environment
- Experience utilising SAS or some similar product for working with large datasets
- Ability to work with numbers and utilising these to underpin decisions with quantitative data
- Excellent communications, self-management and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to clearly present analysis and ideas on in person and on paper
- Ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships
Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand Permanent Residence to apply for Immigration New Zealand roles.
Why work for us?
You will be part of a team making a real difference for New Zealand. You will also benefit from:
- 23 days annual leave
- Flexible working opportunities
- Exposure across NZ's largest government Ministry
Ētahi kōrero mō MBIE - About MBIE:
Our purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. To achieve this, we need a strong, high performing economy, where for example, people (workers, consumers and investors) are protected and aware of their rights and obligations; and the integrity of the environment is maintained.
As one of New Zealand's largest government agencies, the work we do impacts the lives of all New Zealanders. We work to increase household incomes by helping businesses to be more productive and internationally competitive, increasing opportunities for all New Zealanders to participate in the economy through improved job opportunities, and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
This is all echoed in our Māori identity – Hikina Whakatutuki – which broadly means “lifting to make successful”.
Me pēhea te tono: - How to apply:
Please see position description attached and complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter.
Please contact Mel Holland at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions and quote reference MBIE/1570458.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 20 October 2021.