Policy Advisor | Future Pathways | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Policy Advisor - Position Description.pdf (PDF, 1,015KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Oct-2021|
Salary Range $69,000- $88,000
- A career enhancing opportunity to be involved in an exciting new project at the cutting edge of deploying research and innovation to solve New Zealand's biggest challenges
- Be part of the establishment of a new team in effective and high-performing branch that is known for making a difference
About the role
The research, science and innovation system is big, technically complex, and international – which makes the work interesting, varied, and challenging. We are setting up a new work programe to help consider how we best position New Zealand's research system for the future. The ‘Future Pathways' programme will support work to develop a modern, future focused research system. We are looking for experienced Policy Advisors to join the Science, Innovation and International branch. They will work on development of policy responses to a range of key issues and opportunities for the public research system, informed by responses to the consultation process. The role will span the breadth of the policy process, from option development and sector engagement through to the legislative process and implementation.
Who we're looking for
We are looking candidates for who can apply their skills across a wide range of issues. Are you:
- Hardworking and thrive on a good challenge
- Intellectually curious and able to ‘follow your nose' to find, and solve, problems
- Good at communicating complex information orally, written and visually
- A self-starter who is confident delivering high quality work with minimal supervision
- Able to work on several important pieces of work simultaneously
- Good at building and maintaining effective and collegial working relationships
We also value
- Policy experience of an appropriate level for the role
- Good relationship management and influencing skills
- The ability to work in a complex and fast-paced policy environment
If you are looking for a role which will provide challenge and the opportunity to make a difference for New Zealand we would welcome the opportunity to discuss the work with you.
In return, we offer you
Our branch has a great culture. We value diversity of thinking and background. We collaborate and support each other, and we make sure everyone has the chance to develop and to take on new challenges. We encourage excellence and proactively support professional development. We'll help you manage a healthy work-life balance with flexi-time and access to health insurance.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
We welcome your questions! Email: email@example.com quoting MBIE/1570449
Applications close at 20 October 2021