Senior Business Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Business Advisor PD, BSP, October 21.pdf (PDF, 654KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Oct-2021|
- Join a growing, energetic and passionate team
- Do you enjoy helping create a well-run branch with projects, staff and funding all combining to achieve ambitious goals?
- Get involved in key initiatives to build the capability of the branch
Play your part in shaping one of New Zealand's major sectors that employs 250,000 workers and is set to contribute more than $41 billion to New Zealand's economy by 2023.
We are the stewards and the central regulator of New Zealand's building system. Our role is to work with sector stakeholders to deliver fit-for-purpose, future focussed building regulation that protects people's safety and property, promotes sustainability and strengthens the performance of the building industry.
About the role:
As part of the Business Services team you will work closely with the Business Manager and leadership team to improve the business management functions of the branch. Utilising your well-developed skills in influencing, engagement and communication skills you will help enhance the overall capability of the teams. You will contribute to and lead the Building System Performance group relationships with MBIE's corporate centre to deliver business management functions.
No day will be the same - you will lead projects to deliver branch input to central planning, accountability documents, performance, reporting, risk management, business continuity and continuous improvement processes. No building system knowledge required as you will be supported by a highly regarded and capable team of technical experts.
Skills and Experience for the role:
- Proven experience of leading, managing and coordinating input to accountability documents and processes associated with those documents
- Good planning and management skills
- A strong understanding of, and demonstrated experience with, managing processes that underpin the operations of the public sector (preferred but not essential)
- Enjoy getting to the heart of an issue quickly, generating ideas and solving problems
- Have the ability and keen interest in coaching and mentoring others
- Effectively influence others and work collaboratively
- Think it's important to be able to work in a flexible way that suits you, your work and your life
Come work with smart and driven people that want to make a difference
MBIE is an incredibly diverse organisation, employing more than 4,000 people across a range of roles. We share a commitment to growing New Zealand for all. We create opportunities for our people to gain experience in different parts of our organisation. As stated above we are committed to providing more contemporary, flexible ways of working so our people can work in a way that best suits them, their work and their life. That includes giving our people more choice about when, how and where they work.
You may be a seasoned professional looking for your next challenge. Alternatively you may have a base of business services experience and are seeking a role where you'll learn from the best and have your career really take off. Either way we'd love to hear from you.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to start the online application process. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
We welcome your questions and enquiries - to discuss please contact Paige Haydock by email - Paige.Haydock@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1569864
Applications close at 5pm, Wednesday 20 October 2021