Principal Advisor Assurance | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Principal Advisor Assurance 140921 (1).pdf (PDF, 908KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Oct-2021|
- Are you interested in working with a supportive Manager to develop a Procurement Assurance function for the New Zealand Procurement System?
- Do you understand the value of efficient and effective exploitation of data in order to recognise value add insights and translate these into initiatives?
- Newly created role with a flexible and collaborative working culture
About the role:
The role of the Principal Advisor - Assurance is to provide intellectual and people leadership to enable the development and delivery of high quality procurement system assurance to Ministers and senior leaders across Government agencies. You will work closely with the Manager Assurance to establish the new Assurance Function within the New Zealand Government Procurement (NZGP) branch and develop the Assurance Roadmap. For more information on our branch and what we do, please see: NZ Government Procurement.
It is an exciting time at NZGP and you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively across the Branch to ensure that insights and information gained from data are available and can demonstrate how broader Government policy objectives are being delivered through procurement.
While having an understanding of the Government procurement system would be helpful, we are looking for someone with exceptional analytical skills, superb stakeholder engagement ability and an inquiring mind.
Salary range approx. $112k to $138k p.a.
Skills and experience required:
- A clear understanding of the value of efficient and effective exploitation of data and information
- Experience leading people and projects in a commercial environment, demonstrating your understanding and ability to analyse complex information and manage risk
- Experience and knowledge of governance and assurance structures and their roles in supporting major project and programme performance
- Commercially savvy with a proven track record for pragmatic problem solving
- Understanding of Government Procurement policies and processes is beneficial but not required
At MBIE, we are committed to providing more contemporary, flexible ways of working so our people can work in a way that best suits them, their work and their life. That includes giving our people more choice about when, how and where they work.
Ētahi kōrero mō MBIE: - About MBIE:
MBIE's goal is to create a resilient and high-performing economy that delivers real and ongoing quality of life for all New Zealanders.
Ko te whāinga matua a MBIE he whakatū i tētahi Ohanga e pakari ana, e toitū ana kia tino ora rawa atu ai a Aotearoa whānui.
We do this by working with others to create an environment that supports businesses to be more productive and internationally competitive, enables all New Zealanders to participate in the economy through improved job opportunities and by working to ensure quality housing is more affordable.
Ka tutuki tēnei i tā mātou mahi tahi me ētahi atu ki te whakatū kaupapa e tautoko marika ana i ngā pakihi ki te whakaora i ā rātou anō kia whai hua ai puta noa i te Ao, ā, e whai wāhi mai hoki a Aotearoa whānui ki ngā mahi ohanga mā roto mai i ngā toronga mahi, i ngā kaupapa whakatū kāinga hoki.
Our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
Ko ā mātou mātāpono kei te ārahi i ā mātou mahi me ā mātou whanonga.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
Our aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
Ko ā mātou tūmanako e titia ana ki tō mātou Māoritanga, ārā, kia “Hikina Whakatutuki”
Me pēhea te tono: - How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below to view a position description and complete your application. All applications must be submitted via our online process.
Pēhia te pātene APPLY ō raro iho nei kia kite ai koe i ngā kōrero whakamahuki mō te tūranga nei, ka whakaoti ake i tō tono. Me mātua tukua mai ēnei tono mā tā mātou tukanga tuihono.
Email Paige at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1569742 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 20 October 2021
Ka kati ngā tono hei te 5pm.