Release Coordinator | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 2021 - Position Description - ICT - Release Coordinator.pdf (PDF, 357KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-Sep-2021|
- Help our ICT Quality Engineering team coordinate specialists, vendors and project management by coordinating regular product releases
- Work in a complex and dynamic ICT environment, with an exciting, fast-paced pipeline of work
- Wellington based, permanent position
- Salary range $80,592 to $93,753 depending on skills and experience
About the role:
Reporting to Environments and Tooling Team Lead this position will deliver and co-ordinate solutions for MBIE by maintaining change management processes, release coordination and relevant service levels while working with project teams to coordinate various stakeholders and identifying ways to refine and improve processes in controlled environments.
- Proven experience with planning, coordinating and facilitation of Change and Release Management processes and procedures
- Sound skills in managing processes and systems improvement
- Understanding the Solution Delivery Lifecycle and relationship to Change Management and Release Management
- Good understanding of applications, infrastructure and related services
- At least 3 years of experience in Change and Release Management processes
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the ITIL best practice framework
- Understanding of SDLC and best practice frameworks
- Exposure to and understanding of Project Management methodologies
- Knowledge and awareness of emerging technologies and their practical applications in supporting business requirements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – able to communicate technical information to the understanding of a layperson
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to influence and persuade, is comfortable championing processes across multiple user groups, adjusts style to needs of audience
- Sound relationship management skills – able to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong organisational skills – able to prioritise and effectively manage competing demands without any loss of quality or service
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- A tertiary qualification, relevant IT certification or equivalent experience
- You must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
About the team:
Quality Engineering is a newly established team at MBIE. As we move swiftly into becoming a Digital Agency, we are tasked with building quality checks and measures into our software and technical delivery. Our team is focused continually improving our ways of working and leveraging technology to drive this. This includes Cloud technology, automation, DevOps, and infrastructure as code.
Why work for us?
At the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE), we are a future-focused organisation working to grow a healthy, high-performing New Zealand economy. Our diverse range of functions and international reach means real career pathways within MBIE. We underpin this with development and training, and a culture that enables our people to work to their natural best.
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Dheeraj at Dheeraj.Deshmukh@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1566525 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 29th September 2021.