Business Support Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD- DDI - EI - Business Support Advisor - July 2021.pdf (PDF, 1,007KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Sep-2021|
- Great development opportunity to grow your skills in this Business Support Advisor role
- Utilise your flair for visual communication and sound relationship management ability
- Permanent position, Wellington based
- Salary range $62K - $71K depending on skills and experience
About the role:
This Business Support Advisor role is in the Strategy and Stewardship team in MBIE's Evidence and Insights (E&I) branch. The E&I branch is a central hub in MBIE for research, evaluation and data analytics. The Strategy and Stewardship team has an umbrella role, with a range of functions that support the E&I branch and MBIE. The team:
- leads cross-branch initiatives to improve the quality of the data analytics, research and evaluation work undertaken
- builds relationships across MBIE and government, and participates in projects to ensure E&I is making a valuable, strategic contribution, and
- drives planning and reporting processes for the branch
The team's work is cross-cutting, incorporating activity that integrates and connects all of MBIE's regulatory systems and policy domains. We take a strategic view of the branch's needs, and have a network of relationships across MBIE to ensure the branch is well connected to corporate and organisational strategy.
The Business Support Advisor effectively supports the whole Evidence and Insights branch through: coordination of the cross-branch work programme; assisting with business planning, reporting and accountability; and some communication and administrative activities for the management team.
In this role you will be able to learn from the branch Senior Business Advisor through assisting with business advisory responsibilities. We are looking for someone with a high degree of organisation, clever coordination skills, a flair for visual communication, and sound relationship management ability – as you will need to partner with people to succeed in this role.
Skills and Experience:
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- Demonstrated experience in a broad range of business management practices
- Experience with monitoring, tracking and reporting activities
- A can-do, positive and customer focused attitude with an ability to quickly establish and build strong and trusted working relationships
- Solid administrative and coordination experience supporting multiple teams and ability to adapt to changing prorities
- Ability to prioritise work to meet timeframes, proactive, independent (just gets on with things) and uses good judgement
- Experience working with project managers in developing key project management material
- Sound written and verbal communication skills and experience in writing minutes, reports and presentations
- Experience in using Microsoft Office functions including Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to design good visual communications and write clear communication messaging would be a great additional skill to bring to the role
Why work for us?
The E&I branch develops the evidence base for MBIE's decision making. We provide trusted information on the impact and effectiveness of government initiatives, and formulate insights to inform future policy decisions. We provide the data, analysis, and insights that help decision-makers do their best work. With about 90 staff in the branch, we have a broad range of expertise and offer excellent opportunities for development. This includes active Communities of Practice enabling sharing of knowledge and skills.
MBIE has recently been recognised as the third best employer to work for in New Zealand, according to Randstad's 2021 Employer Brand Research.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Jo Smith at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1566099 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 26th September 2021.