External Reporting Board - Member | Other
|Category:||Boards and Governance|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Part Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - XRB Board Member - September 2021.pdf (PDF, 827KB)
|Application Close Date:||01-Oct-2021|
- Board member appointment
- Flexible location in Aotearoa
On behalf of the Minister of Commerce and Consumer Affairs, the Ministry is seeking candidates who wish to be considered for appointment as a member of the External Reporting Board (XRB).
The XRB is an Independent Crown Entity, whose primary functions are to:
- issue financial reporting standards for all entities that are required under any enactment to comply with generally accepted accounting practice
- issue auditing and assurance standards for a range of purposes
- develop and implement strategies for the XRB's overall direction in the setting of standards, including developing a strategy for tiers of reporting
- give directions or guidance as to the accounting policies that have authoritative support
- Liaise with international or national organisations which exercise the same or similar functions.
- The Financial Sector (Climate-related Disclosures and Other Matters) Amendment Bill currently before Parliament will extend the XRB's mandate to:
- develop reporting standards to implement mandatory reporting on climate risks for certain entities that have a higher level of public accountability, and
- permit the XRB to issue guidance on environmental, social, governance (ESG) and other non-financial reporting matters that can be applied on a voluntary basis.
At this time, the Minister of Commerce and Consumer Affairs is seeking candidates who have the following specific skills and experience:
- an understanding of Te Ao Māori and a strong connection to Māori business
- a passion for reporting
- strong market connections and credibility
- governance in a multi-stakeholder environment
- accounting, auditing, business, economics, finance, legal or sustainable development expertise
Candidates are expected to have a genuine interest in the Boards work, as well as the motivation and availability needed to effectively carry out the role of an XRB member. Further information on the XRB and the role are outlined in the Position Description which is attached above.
MBIE is committed to considering candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds, including age, gender, ethnicity and geographic location, to enable the Board to be high-performing.
Note this is a contestable process and applications will be assessed according to the skills and experience the Board needs at this particular time.
Candidates wishing to put forward an expression of interest should apply by selecting the link below, and attaching a copy of their CV and a cover letter outlining why they wish to be a member on the External Reporting Board.
Applications close on Friday 1 October 2021.
For enquiries about the position, email firstname.lastname@example.org.