Senior Advisor Publishing Services | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD_Senior Advisor Publishing Services_Standards New Zealand_13092021.pdf (PDF, 996KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Sep-2021|
- Engaging and rewarding career opportunity
- Play a critical role in the development and publishing of New Zealand standards
- Permanent, Full time role Wellington CBD
A unique opportunity exists to join the Standards New Zealand Development team as a Senior Advisor Publishing Services.
The Standards New Zealand (SNZ) team is responsible for the development and maintenance of hundreds of standards that benefit New Zealand. The team is responsible for developing standards solutions in diverse subject areas such as building and construction, energy safety, health and disability, environmental management, legal risk, information technology, sport and recreation, and sustainability
Standards help make life safer and easier. They improve the effectiveness and reliability of many goods and services used every day.
The Senior Advisor Publishing Services provides critical, specialist services which include editing, proofreading, and checking New Zealand Standards and other collateral at various production stages, and ensuring that the content is clear and accurate, complies with relevant style guides and manuals and is produced on time and within budget. You will also play an important role in Standards New Zealand's relationship management with potential funders of standards solutions, including regulators, key business and industry leaders.
All SNZ team members are expected to contribute to priorities across the wider team. The Senior Advisor Publishing Services is an essential role, providing robust quality assurance services for a wide range of documents. The role is busy, fast paced and requires excellent coordination, prioritisation and communication skills and be comfortable working under strict timeframes to support the timely delivery of projects.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- At least 3 years related experience providing high quality technical or general editing, rewriting, proofreading and production support for both general and technical report, proposals, and promotional material
- Some experience in developing, advocating for and applying style guides across organisations and in working as a liaison contact with other parts of the organisations and outside suppliers of services would also be useful
- Organisational and planning skills – time management and multi-tasking essential with ability to work under pressure.
- Advanced keyboard skills and software literacy Experience in using word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (Excel), and other interactive software packages (including Power Point and database programmes)
- Ability to proactively take ownership of assigned tasks
- Ability to relate well to work colleagues, committee members and customers, and respond appropriately to their questions/requests
- Ability to think laterally and show initiative
- A methodical approach to work, including suggestions to improve established procedures
How to apply
To apply for this role, click on the “Apply Now” button to read and download the position description. Please apply directly online, complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role.
If you have any queries please contact Matt Guy at Matt.Guy@mbie.govt.nz
Salary range to be between $80,592 - $96,462 with appointment to be within that range based on relevant skills and experience.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Monday 27th September 2021.