Change Manager | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Change Manager PD - MIQ Sept 2021.docx (Word, 710KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Sep-2021|
- 12 month fixed term opportunity
- Wellington based role
- Salary range: $80,592-$96,482
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Change Manager within the Managed Isolation and Quarantine (MIQ) Branch of MBIE.
The Change Manager is responsible for leading and facilitating change management activities within and across the Managed Isolation & Quarantine (MIQ) Change Portfolio.
Responsible for analysing, planning, implementing and evaluating change strategies, facilitating a collaborative approach to change across the organisation and building ownership and capability in change leadership. The responsibilities of this role are expected to change over time as the Ministry responds to ever changing needs within MIQ.
What we are looking for;
- Proven track record of delivering high quality change management advice and services
- Knowledge and understanding of change management techniques
- Demonstrated ability to see the “big picture” and understand the strategic context of projects and change
- Experience managing change in dynamic environments
- Encourages participation and opinion so the project can benefit from a variety of output, suggestions and concerns
- Generates and harnesses creativity in others to benefit the project
- Proven experience in managing a range of business and policy change projects
- Computer literate; proficient in Windows 2000 or later, MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint, MS Project and other Microsoft Office applications
Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand Permanent Residence
About MIQ: MIQ was stood up and a Business Group within Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment on 13 July 2020. The purpose of managed isolation is to ensure COVID-19 is not spread to the community while enabling Kiwis and other exempted travellers to return to New Zealand safely. A key enabler of this work is collaboration across government.
Over 169,000 people have passed through MIQ since New Zealand stood up its response to COVID-19. We operate thirty-two managed isolation facilities in five regions.
A range of agencies including the Ministry of Health, All-of-Government, Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, Police, Customs, New Zealand Defence Force, Aviation Security Service and other business groups in MBIE are working together to deliver an enduring MIQ system.
About MBIE: MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
Our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
How to apply: Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Enquiries are welcome to Sarah Hutcheson at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting MBIE/1565514 if you have further questions.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Monday 27 September 2021.