Investment Manager | Enabling Māori Framework | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| InvestmentManagerEMF-PD2021.pdf (PDF, 1.09MB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Sep-2021|
1 Year Fixed Term
Salary Range $85,000 - $112,000
- Lead the implementation of the Enabling Māori Framework (EMF) investment process, plan and strategy
- Contribution to investment evaluation and development of performance frameworks
- Deliver strategic oversight of the investment portfolio
About the role.
The Investment Manager (EMF) will provide specialist business support and process leadership for the coordination of the EMF funding processes and related contract administration for Te Kupenga. Working closely with the Operations Manager this role will make a valuable contribution to maximise investment operations to meet New Zealand's economic, social and environmental goals.
Desired skills + experience
- Significant experience in investment management, strategy development and complex contract management
- Policy Development experience preferred
- Engagement and relationship management skills, particularly with Iwi Māori and a diverse range of external agencies
- Ability to work in an ambiguous, quickly evolving environment.
- Ability to make sound decisions under pressure
- Financial Management acumen
- An understanding of tikanga and Te Reo preferred
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
About the team:
Te Kupenga | Māori Economic Development Unit was established in 2017 and sits within the MBIE's Strategic Programs and Policy Group. Te Kupenga works across all MBIE groups, to support and enable others to produce high-quality policy advice to Ministers and other agencies. We influence, steer and contribute towards others' work ensuring Māori Economic prosperity goals are supported and delivered.
Why work for us?
Working as part of a dedicated team to supporting the Māori economy you will be in direct contact with the people we serve. A growing team of professionals with a range of backgrounds and experience we work across teams at MBIE to deliver high quality work with a Māori lens and to ensure that the principals of Te Tiriti o Waitangi are met.
With ample opportunities to grow and develop your skills through engagement with government agencies, webinars, on the job training and forums to name a few.
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
We welcome your inquires, email: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/xxxx
Applications close at 5pm on Tuesday 27th September 2021