Manager Country Research | Auckland
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Manager Country Research - Position description Sept 2021.pdf (PDF, 814KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Sep-2021|
- Lead a team delivering high quality research and information
- Permanent role based either Auckland CBD or Wellington CBD
- Appointable salary range - $112k- $126,5k
Why work for us?
Our work is challenging and rewarding. We model and contribute to international best practice in Country of Origin Information (COI) research and support Immigration NZ's decision making through the provision of high quality research responses.
About the role
This is an incredible opportunity to lead a growing team of highly engaged, talented people. You will need to be a strategic thinker who provides strong leadership to a research unit with a 25 year legacy.
You will be part of the Leadership Team for Intelligence, Data and Insights (IDI), part of Immigration New Zealand. In this role you will gain a deeper understanding of New Zealand's refugee and asylum seeker programmes, the National Security system and areas of interest to Immigration New Zealand and MBIE as a whole.
Applying your well-established influencing and networking skills, you will represent New Zealand and Immigration New Zealand at national and international working groups with the aim of improving research practice and access to quality COI and open source information. You will have the opportunity to build strong connections with your international peer group.
The Country Research Unit operates between Auckland and Wellington. We offer flexible working options and work hard to support each other and communicate effectively across locations.
To be successful in this role, you will be a leader who:
- Has proven leadership experience in a complex policy area
- Creates a sense of vision, engages and motivates people to participate collaboratively, whilst making things happen
- Has experience with developing and fostering key local and international relationships and working closely with others to deliver quality outcomes
- Is a critical and lateral thinker, ideally with a background in social sciences, humanities, information studies, or similar
- Has proven experience in operational management, including the application of strategies, frameworks, business planning, forecasting, policies and processes, and systems
- Keenly follows world events and human rights issues and is interested in understanding and contributing to New Zealand's immigration system, whilst understanding geopolitical contexts.
For your application to be considered you must be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand permanent residency. You must also be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret New Zealand national security clearance if not already obtained (check your eligibility here).
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
The Intelligence, Data and Insights Branch of INZ contributes to MBIE's agreed outcome, to grow New Zealand's economy and improve the quality of lives through a high-performing labour market and immigration system.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
If you have any further questions please email Mel Holland at email@example.com quoting reference MBIE/1565443.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 24 September 2021.