Senior Resolutions Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| PD Senior Resolutions Analyst Sept 21.pdf (PDF, 355KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Sep-2021|
Help Team NZ fight COVID-19 within the Managed Isolation and Quarantine group
- Be part of a supportive, passionate and dynamic team
- 12 month fixed term opportunity – Wellington
- Competitive salary on offer
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has come about for a dynamic and motivated Senior Resolutions Analyst to join the MIQ Resolutions Team within Service Quality and Assurance, Managed Isolation and Quarantine (MIQ)
The Service Quality and Assurance Branch manages the MIQ Complaints process as well as the formal statutory complaints process that involves working effectively with the Office of the Ombudsman. The Resolutions team members are responsible for managing complaints, feedback and compliments received from members of the public and returnees across the full scope of MIQ activities. A core role for the Senior Resolutions Analyst is supporting the relationship and investigations and inspections by the Ombudsman of both MIQ facilities and activities. The Resolutions Team has a focus on continuous improvement through information, insights and improvement using data from our case management system.
In this role you will focus on assessing and managing complaints, coordinating responses, managing relationships across MIQ, MBIE, MOH, NZDF and other partner agencies, supporting other team members with upskilling and management of difficult cases and managing Ombudsman activities with MIQ. Preparing correspondence and written communication to a high standard of accuracy, grammar, clarity and presentation are core to the Senior Resolutions Analyst role.
As the MIQ resolutions team operate 7 days a week, weekend work will be required on a rostered basis.
What we offer:
- Enjoy the challenges associated with providing superb quality and timely services in a complex and ever changing operational environment
- Work alongside a supportive, passionate and dynamic team with a united focus
- Gain experience in and develop your skills further within Managed Isolation and Quarantine
- Fast paced, dynamic, cross government environment where no two days are the same
- Competitive salary and personal development opportunities
Skills and experience required:
- Proven experience in a comparable role.
- A demonstrated ability to exercise sound, consistent and reasoned judgement
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent analytical ability
- Excellent issue identification and resolution management skills
- Good standard of computer literacy and word processing
- Ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships
- A good working knowledge of the Official Information and Privacy Acts and the Ombudsman Act (as applicable)
- Ability to effectively manage a fluctuating caseload while working to specific timeframes
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- A flexible and responsive approach to innovation and change
- A legal background is an advantage, but not essential
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
MIQ became an MBIE business group on 13 July 2020. The purpose of managed isolation is to ensure COVID-19 is not spread to the community while enabling Kiwis and other exempted travellers to return to New Zealand safely. A key enabler of this work is collaboration across government.
Over 169,700 people have passed through MIQ since New Zealand stood up its response to COVID-19. We operate thirty-two managed isolation facilities in five regions.
A range of agencies including the Ministry of Health, Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, New Zealand Police, Customs, New Zealand Defence Force, Aviation Security Service and other business groups in MBIE are working together to deliver an enduring MIQ system.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Apply soon to avoid disappointment as we may close early if the desired candidate is selected. For tracking and evaluating purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Please reach out to Andrew Louis at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting MBIE/1565037 if you have further questions.
Applications close at 5.00pm 22nd September 2021