Executive Assistant | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Position description Executive Assistant Sept 2021 (003).DOCX (Word, 406KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Sep-2021|
- Provide high calibre support to the General Manager (MIQ Programmes & Change)
- 12 month fixed term opportunity Wellington Based
- Salary range: $71,614-$91,024
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly capable administrator to provide executive and administrative support to the General Manager – MIQ Programmes & Change.
The successful candidate will be someone who enjoys contributing to the success of a team and working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, the successful candidate will display a high level of agility and adaptability to the changing needs of the team and the Unit.
Importantly you will be adept at using systems to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and accurately such as managing leave requests, preparing requests to hire/request to appoint, on-boarding and off-boarding staff, storing electronic documents, e.g. into CMS; coding/searching invoices etc.
You will be responsible for diary management, monitoring all communication, preparation of documentation, arranging travel, event management, organising external and internal appointments, and working with the wider support team.
A strong client focus is important as well as the ability to build a strong understanding of MIQ, its priorities and the key agencies with which it interacts. You will maintain effective internal and external relationships, deal with high level, urgent and confidential issues and work effectively with other support staff as needed.
You'll always be two steps ahead, anticipating what is required and when, whilst ensuring that tasks are completed to a high level.
For the right person we would consider people with a strong administration background who are capable of stepping up to learn EA responsibilities.
Skills and experience required:
- A proven track record of experience and success in providing administrative or EA support to leaders.
- Good understanding and hands on experience using systems.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated agility in responding to changes in priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Initiative and a proactive approach to work supporting by strong judgment and decision making ability.
- Great relationship management skills with confidence in dealing with a wide range of people
- Excellent skills in the Microsoft Office Suite applications.
MIQ became a Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) business group on 13 July 2020. The purpose of managed isolation is to ensure COVID-19 is not spread to the community while enabling Kiwis and other exempted travellers to return to New Zealand safely. A key enabler of this work is collaboration across government.
Over 169,000 people have passed through MIQ since New Zealand stood up its response to COVID-19. We operate thirty-two managed isolation facilities in five regions.
We want to grow New Zealand for all New Zealanders – for our communities, our families and our children – to make New Zealand a place where we can all prosper. These aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Sarah Hutcheson at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1564670 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm Wednesday 22 September 2021