Manager Strategy Performance and Operations | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Manager Strategy Performance and Operations August 2021.pdf (PDF, 876KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Sep-2021|
- Lead a passionate team in a fast-paced and dynamic role
- Opportunity to influence and drive strategy and performance for a critical branch in MBIE
- Permanent role in the Engagement, Communications and Ministerial Services Leadership team
About the role
The Manager, Strategy, Performance and Operations will work closely with the General Manager of MBIE's Engagement, Communications and Ministerial Services branch to develop and implement branch-wide strategy, cultural and capability initiatives.
- leads the Strategy, Performance and Operations team, providing management oversight of Ministerial Servicing enterprise functions, including workflow, expert advisory, quality assurance and reporting to support MBIE Ministerial Servicing performance.
- provides strategic advice and leads the development of Branch Plans, Branch-wide KPIs and monitoring and evaluation reporting to support branch performance.
- brings business understanding, strategic capability and the ability to work in partnership with the GM and managers in the branch, and other teams in MBIE.
- partners with others to effectively articulate the strategic direction of the Branch operations (and the intended branch outcomes and business benefits), enabling others within the branch to make that direction happen.
Skills and experience required
› Seasoned professional with broad knowledge of business practice and systems, particularly as these relate to Communications and Ministerial services.
› A strategic thinker who is able to make the connections between broader stakeholder needs and implications for a mixed model of service delivery.
› Proven experience in senior management roles and in providing leadership, support and advice as a manager of managers.
› Works collaboratively and has a strong ability to influence and work through others to get the best outcomes where direct reporting relationships do not exist;
› Experienced in communicating and facilitating solutions in complex operational environments
› Extensive understanding of machinery of government.
› Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
How to find out more and apply:
Click on the APPLY button below to complete an on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. To find out more please see the attached position description and if you have further questions email Lapulou at Lapulou.Moale@mbie.govt.nz and quote reference MBIE/1564285.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 24 September 2021.