Tourism New Zealand Board Member - Digital | Other
|Category:||Boards and Governance|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Part Time|
|Attachments:|| Tourism NZ Board Member Position Description and Person Specification - Digital.doc (Word, 89KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Sep-2021|
- Board appointments
- Part-time role
- Flexible location within Aotearoa
On behalf of the Minister of Tourism, the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment is seeking candidates who wish to be considered for appointment as a member of the Tourism New Zealand Board (the Board). Tourism New Zealand (TNZ) is established to carry out specific functions under the New Zealand Tourism Board Act 1991. TNZ's main objective is to market New Zealand as an international visitor destination for the long-term benefit of New Zealand. The functions under this Act include:
- developing, implementing, and promoting strategies for tourism
- advise the Government and the New Zealand tourism industry on matters relating to the development, implementation, and promotion of those strategies.
The Ministry are seeking three candidates who wish to be considered for an appointment as a member of the Board. The skills, experience, and attributes required for this role are:
- extensive experience and knowledge of digital marketing strategies and capability
Other general qualities and experience that are desirable:
- well respected by the industry and can obtain the confidence of governments
- governance experience in a multi-stakeholder environment
- strong relationship management skills and a drive to partner with other organisations
- financially literate
- a focus on performance, and organisational delivery of strategy
- a clear sense of public accountability and understanding of the relationship between the government and Crown entities
- an ability to analyse and understand complex issues
- free from material conflicts of interest.
Please note this is a contestable process and applications will be assessed according to the skills and experience the Board requires at this particular time.
MBIE is committed to considering candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds, including age, gender, ethnicity and geographic locations, to enable the Tourism New Zealand Board to be high performing.
Candidates wishing to put forward an expression of interest should enclose a copy of their CV and submit a cover letter outlining why they wish to be a member of the Tourism New Zealand Board. Please refer to the attached position description for more details.
For enquiries about the position, please contact email@example.com.
Applications close at on Friday, 24 September 2021.