Senior Advisor, Strategy | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Senior Advisor Strategy Position Description, BRM, Sept 2021.pdf (PDF, 1.04MB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Sep-2021|
- Helping to map out strategic priorities and emerging challenges across the construction transformation programme
- Work alongside passionate industry and agency stakeholders
- Make a real difference for New Zealanders
About the role
The Senior Advisor, Strategy, will support the Accord Transformation response to emerging sector issues. You will work closely with the Accord Transformation Director and industry partners to respond and provide strategic advice to Accord Ministers on emerging issues.
The Senior Advisor, Strategy will be responsible for:
- Leading analysis and advice to support governance and ministerial discussions and decisions relating to current and emerging issues across the sector where relevant to the Accord;
- Leading and supporting engagement with agencies and industry leaders to identify emerging and current issues that impact the construction eco-system; and
- Providing timely and evidence based advice that takes into account the cross-system perspectives to reflect the government and industry partnership principles of the Accord.
About the team
The Senior Advisor, Strategy is part of the Accord Transformation Unit (ATU). The ATU oversees delivery of the Construction Accord Transformation Plan, which seeks to transform the construction industry through a unique partnership with industry.
The Construction Sector Accord is a joint industry and government commitment to work together to achieve a high performing construction sector. For more information please visit the Construction Sector Accord website
Are you who we are looking for?
We are looking for motivated people with experience in problem solving complex problems and formulating high-quality policy advice for a range of stakeholders and projects.
Ideally you will have:
- Experience leading complex strategy or policy projects
- Strong stakeholder relationship building, influencing and engagement skills to gain the cooperation and commitment of others
- Demonstrated capability in working with Ministers, senior public service officials, internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in coaching and mentoring team members through Ministerial and briefing processes
- The ability to work through ambiguity and deliver results
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. MBIE's goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports.
Come join us and make a difference to New Zealanders
Click on the APPLY button to submit your CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. We welcome your enquiries – for a confidential chat please contact Paige firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1559578
Applications close Friday 24th of September 2021, 5pm