Senior Analyst, Threat and Incident Response | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Snr Incident Manager Analyst CERT NZ SSD MS (1).pdf (PDF, 674KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Sep-2021|
- We're creating a secure and resilient online New Zealand, come and join us!
- Your information security knowledge combined with a drive to help New Zealanders will be an asset to our team
- Permanent opportunity, Wellington office
- Industry competitive salary
CERT NZ works to support businesses, organisations and individuals who are affected (or may be affected) by cyber security incidents. We provide trusted and authoritative information and advice, while also collating a profile of the threat landscape in New Zealand.
CERT NZ's primary goal is to improve cyber security in New Zealand, which means:
- Increased comprehension of the threat landscape
- Better avoidance of incidents, and
- Reducing the impact of incidents.
We're looking for a Senior Analyst, Threat & Incident Response to join our highly motivated team. You'll fit right in if you have an in-depth knowledge of cyber threats and the threat landscape. You don't need to come from an incident response background; we're looking for people with strong technical knowledge in information security who are interested in learning new skills and techniques.
The Senior Analyst, Threat & Incident Response:
- triages, manages and investigates cyber security incidents
- analyses the root causes of information security issues that are impacting New Zealand
- take a lead role on projects
- evolve our approach to incident response to meet the needs of New Zealanders
- coordinate national and international cyber security incidents
- undertake original research
You'll be an important member of a team that has national responsibility for incident response and triage, situational awareness and information sharing, advice and outreach, international collaboration and national and international co-ordination of serious cyber incidents.
This is a challenging, rewarding and fulfilling role, with the opportunity to really make a difference, and be part of a high-performing, multi-disciplinary team.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- In-depth understanding of information security and how computer systems work
- Comprehensive knowledge cyber threats and the threat landscape
- Proven ability to translate technical knowledge and language in a way that audiences from all backgrounds can understand
- Experience in computer network defence
- Experience with network and system security analysis is highly desirable
- Existing government security clearance or the ability to gain and maintain such a clearance (Please see this link to the public NZSIS information for further information about the vetting process for national security clearances. Please note that this tool is not part of the formal security clearance process: https://www.protectivesecurity.govt.nz/national-security-clearances/
- Legally entitled to live and work in New Zealand
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Monica Chow at email@example.com if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 22 September 2021.