Team Leader | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position description Team Leader P&R - IDI.pdf (PDF, 757KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Oct-2021|
- Lead and manage a multidisciplinary team of specialists
- Extensive knowledge of database and analytical tools required
- Permanent role, salary range - $93K-$115K, central Wellington location
We have an exciting opportunity available to join Immigration New Zealand's Performance and Reporting team as a Team Leader, based in Wellington's CBD.
The Intelligence, Data and Insights (IDI) branch is accountable for the provision of timely intelligence and information to inform sound strategic and operational decision making at all levels across the immigration system. The Performance and Reporting (P&R) team within IDI acts as the single source of truth for all Immigration New Zealand (INZ) official data queries, reporting, and insights to key internal and external stakeholders.
About the role
This is an Operational leadership position. You will need to bring your business understanding and perspective to work in partnership with other mangers and team members.
You will lead the work of a team of multidisciplinary specialists in the delivery of quality and timely performance and reporting products that inform decision making. These products will span across the Immigration system, Parliamentary Questions (PQs), Official Information Act requests (OIAs), media query responses, process changes and implementing improvement initiatives.
You will have responsibility for a range of Performance & Reporting products, and will contribute your subject matter expertise to complex pieces of work and projects. You will need to build and enhancing the overall capability of the team to ensure the quality and consistency of analysis and practices in relation to the P&R Team's work. If you had forecasting and advanced analytics experience with would be an advantage.
Key accountabilities and deliverables include:
- Embed a continuous improvement culture within the team, continually reviewing and considering improvements to the team's operations
- Establishing clear accountabilities, expectations and performance standards with direct reports and ensuring regular coaching conversations occur
- Monitor and provides feedback on individual and team performance
- Motivating team members and giving members opportunities to participate and develop
- Implementing strategies, work programmes, and performance objectives for the team with supporting measurement, monitoring and reporting mechanisms
- Effectively and consistently identifying and mitigating risk
Skills and experience required:
We would like to hear from applicants who have:
- An ability to lead and manage a multidisciplinary team of specialists in the delivery of a range of performance and reporting products
- Demonstrated knowledge of the functions and operational practices of Immigration New Zealand, or the ability to quickly acquire this knowledge
- Knowledge of database and analytical tools such as SAS EG, SAS Visual Analytics, Power BI, MS Excel and R
- Excellent written and communication skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas and analysis to a wide audience
- Confidently act as a persuasive advocate for user needs both within the team and the wider department
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others
- A forecasting and advanced analytics experience is advantageous
- A tertiary qualification or extensive, comparable relevant experience
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents to apply for Immigration New Zealand roles.
Ētahi kōrero mō MBIE - About MBIE:
As one of New Zealand's largest government agencies, the work we do impacts the lives of all New Zealanders. We work to increase household incomes by helping businesses to be more productive and internationally competitive, increasing opportunities for all New Zealanders to participate in the economy through improved job opportunities, and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
This is all echoed in our Māori identity – Hikina Whakatutuki – which broadly means “lifting to make successful”.
Me pēhea te tono: - How to apply:
Please see position description attached and complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter.
Please contact Mel Holland at email@example.com if you have any further questions and quote reference MBIE/1558056.
Applications close 5pm, Thursday 28 October 2021.