Principal Advisor Incident Management and Business Continuity | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Position description Principal Advisor Incident Management and Business Continuity.pdf (PDF, 879KB)
|Application Close Date:||14-Aug-2021|
- Do you have a wealth of knowledge and experience in emergency management and business continuity planning?
- Do you have exceptional stakeholder management skills?
- Fixed Term role till 30 June 2022, based in Wellington CBD
MIQ is looking for a Principal Advisor with excellent relationship building skills to work closely with the Manager Incident Management and Business Continuity on an ambitious and fast paced work programme.
The Principal Advisor Incident Management and Business Continuity is a specialist position in MIQ, and is responsible for providing strategic advice and subject matter expertise on incident management, emergency preparedness and business continuity. The role will include developing and implementing business continuity and emergency management programmes, policies and practices for MIQ in partnership with MBIE.
Your ability to establish positive, consultative style working relationships with managers at all levels is a key success factor for this role. You'll lead development and implementation of MIQ's business continuity and emergency management frameworks, including developing emergency plans to ensure MIQ is well placed to respond in an emergency or business disruption.
Specifically, the functions of this position are to exercise a wide range of business continuity and emergency management practitioner skills and expertise to support the Manager Incident Management and Business Continuity to create and maintain a proactive business continuity and emergency preparedness culture at MIQ
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Proven emergency management and business continuity knowledge and experience working within a large central-government agency context
- The ability to engage effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to create good quality written documentation and content in a range of formats.
- The ability to provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
To find out more about this position, please refer to the attached Position Description and contact Dheeraj at Dheeraj.Deshmukh@mbie.govt.nz if you have any further questions and quote reference no. MBIE/1551599.
To apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply Now' button. This will allow you to register your details and submit your application for this vacancy. Please submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Applications closes 5pm, 14th August 2021