Senior Advisor Incident Management and NSS | Auckland
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Senior Advisor Incident Management and NSS.docx (Word, 57KB)
|Application Close Date:||09-Aug-2021|
- Are you experienced in business continuity and emergency management planning?
- Do you have National Security System experience in the Hazard and Risk space?
- Do you have exceptional stakeholder management skills?
- Permanent role based in Auckland – CBD Victoria Street
MBIE is looking for a Senior Advisor with excellent relationship building skills to work closely with the Head of Emergency Management on an ambitious work programme.
The Senior Advisor Incident Management and National Security System is a specialist position in MBIE. The role is responsible for providing advice, subject matter expertise and support on incident management and business continuity planning and exercising in Auckland.
Your ability to establish positive, consultative style working relationships with both external stakeholders and MBIE staff at all levels is a key success factor for this role. You'll be leading development and implementation of MBIE's alternate business continuity and incident management arrangements in Auckland, along with representing MBIE across various National Security System workstreams in Auckland.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Proven business continuity and emergency management knowledge and experience working within a large central-government agency context
- Sound understanding of the National Security System, specifically within the Hazard and Risk space (eg: natural disasters, civil defence, infrastructure)
- The ability to engage effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to create good quality written documentation and content in a range of formats.
- The ability to provide innovative solutions to problems.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a national security clearance at Secret level.
Depending on skills and experience, we are seeking to appoint a salary between $93K - $115K.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, upload a CV & cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Lapulou Mo'ale at Lapulou.Moale@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1551171 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm Monday 9 August 2021.