Principal Operations Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Principal Operations Advisor July 2021.pdf (PDF, 857KB)
|Application Close Date:||08-Aug-2021|
- Join our large, high performing ICT Team
- Work in a complex and evolving ICT environment, with an exciting fast paced pipeline of work
- Permanent position, Wellington
Why work for us?
We're part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE), a future-focused organisation working to grow a strong, high-performing New Zealand economy. Our diverse range of functions and international reach means real career pathways within MBIE as a whole. That's underpinned by regular development and training, and a culture that supports flexible working.
The ICT team within CGI (Corporate, Governance & Information) empowers and enables the technology solutions which are key to the way the Ministry delivers its services to the public. We are a high performing team delivering high impact outcomes.
About the role:
The Principal Advisor ICT Service Operations is responsible for supporting the successful operation and continuous improvement of MBIE's ICT services. They work closely with the vendor management team and client engagement team within MBIE ICT Operations, vendor community, and suppliers to ensure service quality is maintained according to agreed service expectations including on a 7x 24 basis.
The role contributes to the operations of the Operations Capability team. The ICT Operations Capability Team ensures that MBIE ICT effectively manages and provides support on those activities that ICT have not outsourced. They also provide capacity to deal with the inevitable 'extras' that come up irrespective of the multisource outsourced model in place at MBIE.
We are looking for you to demonstrate in your Cover Letter & CV the following:
- Extensive experience managing and identifying risk. This would include technical risk, process risk and management risk.
- Experience process management. This includes ensuring that processes are consistent, are managed appropriately, and are fit for purpose.
- A Self-starter who is highly motivated to succeed
- Previous public sector experience is preferred but not essential
- An ability to convey content in a jargon free way that engages and meets the needs of the audience
- A proven ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships and to develop trust and credibility with senior managers, staff and key internal and external stakeholders
- A proactive, can-do attitude with a high level of initiative, sound judgement and discretion
- Exceptional teamwork and collaborative abilities and a willingness to share knowledge and expertise with others
- Experience working within the ITIL 3 framework
- Highly developed communication and writing skills
- A strong customer focus.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, upload a CV & cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Dheeraj at Dheeraj.Deshmukh@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1550134 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm 8th August 2021