Practice Lead Compliance | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Practice Lead Compliance May2021.pdf (PDF, 622KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Jun-2021|
- Lead the work programme to lift compliance capability and culture across MBIE
- Working across the business to provide education, expert advice and support on compliance related matters
- Flexible working environment with a focus on exceeding customer expectations
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference to the way in which MBIE meets its legislative, regulatory and policy obligations. We are looking for an experienced compliance professional to drive the development, implementation and embedding of a mature compliance function as a key component of MBIE's ‘Three Lines' risk management model.
Reporting to the General Manager Enterprise Risk and Compliance, your ability to influence and motivate others to lift organisational capability and culture around compliance are core skills you bring to the role. We are looking for a self-starter who is passionate about compliance, can bring a fresh perspective, and thrives in a complex and changing environment.
Skills and experience required:
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- Expert understanding of best practice enterprise compliance frameworks, processes and systems
- Extensive experience in the design and application of compliance frameworks in a large and complex organisation, preferably within the Public Sector or a Financial Services environment
- Experience supporting behavioural change and lifting organisational capability and culture in compliance
- A strategic thinker who is able to make the connections between various aspects of the organisation and the implications for their function
- Proven ability to develop trust and credibility with senior managers and staff and build strong working relationships
- Ability to deliver education, training and awareness to a range of stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can-do attitude and a high level of initiative, sound judgement and discretion
- Well organised with the ability to multitask and manage time effectively
- A relevant tertiary qualification is preferred
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
About the team:
The Finance and Performance business group provides corporate services to the wider business and comprises approximately 170 staff located in Wellington, Auckland, Christchurch and offshore in Beijing and Mumbai.
The Group comprises the following functions:
- Enterprise Risk and Compliance
- Enterprise Performance and Reporting
- Finance Business Partnering
- Financial Systems and Control
- Internal Assurance
Why work for us?
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad range of areas.
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh ideas and perspectives and to develop new approaches.
We also take the time to foster a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to collaborate, support and encourage our people, encourage excellence and innovation and take the time to have some fun and celebrate our successes.
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
To be considered for this position, you must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Email Lapulou at Lapulou.Moale@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1541541 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm Friday 25 June 2021.